No-name Li-ion batteries?

jordan

Dec 21, 2002, 12:33:46 PM12/21/02
I need a new battery for my SRX77, model PCGA-BP2S . I found a no-name
replacement on eBay which is pretty cheap compared to the 'genuine' Sonys.
What is your experience with noname batteries like this? I'd really
appreciate some input. Thanks everyone!

Jordan

Tony Hwang

Dec 21, 2002, 1:48:00 PM12/21/02
Hi,
Related topic, I am using generic Ni-MH batteries on my house cordless
phones. They're made in China and over a year, haven't had problems.
Probably it is made in China as well.
Tony

Jordan

Dec 21, 2002, 9:34:16 PM12/21/02
Thanks. It's a Li+ battery, and the cells are made in Japan. Specs are 4
cells, each is 3.7V 1800mAh, total capacity is 11.1V 3600mAh. I was thinking
about rebuilding the battery I have now but I think it may be the charge
circuit that is dead instead of the cells. I am just checking the cells with
a volt meter, and they charge to 4.2V (average) and the laptop dies after
40mins, cell voltage is just at 3.6V. Can someone help? Thanks!
"Tony Hwang" <drag...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

MW

Dec 22, 2002, 1:28:18 AM12/22/02
You have dead/shorted cells in your battery. This is what happens as
batteries get old.

In my experience the aftermarket batteries are as good or better than the
OEM ones and a whole lot cheaper because the technology of LiIon and NiMH
cells keeps improving and capacity keeps increasing. Just make sure you are
buying a NEW battery and not one which may have the same problems as your
current battery.

"Jordan" <joj...@kidsboutiquenet.com> wrote in message