Battery test

1 view

Lucifer

Jul 29, 2022, 8:12:15 AM7/29/22
How do people test the battery run time for their laptop or tablet?
I have the device streaming youtube.
I recently bought a used Surface Pro 2. The battery is good for
five hours streaming youtube!

Marco Moock

Jul 29, 2022, 3:18:50 PM7/29/22
Charge it and then create 100% load on CPU, HDD, GPU. The check after
what time it reached a critical level.

Lucifer

Jul 30, 2022, 12:58:16 AM7/30/22
On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 21:18:47 +0200, Marco Moock <mo...@posteo.de>
wrote:
Is that a realistic test? I see the youtube streaming as a good test
of how long the battery can operate under normal conditions.
It used to be that people would test the battery by playing a
DVD movie.

Marco Moock

Jul 30, 2022, 2:02:35 AM7/30/22
Am Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, um 14:58:12 Uhr schrieb Lucifer:

> Is that a realistic test?
If you want to know how long it operates when the system is being on
full load, then yes.

> I see the youtube streaming as a good test
> of how long the battery can operate under normal conditions.
> It used to be that people would test the battery by playing a
> DVD movie.

It depends on what you like to know. If you like to know how long it
lasts of you only run a text editor, low screen brightness and no
GPU/CPU activity, then you need to test with these circumstances.