Which VRM in TDZ-2000?

Tony Crawford

Sep 25, 2006, 4:46:27 AM9/25/06
Hi gang! (Anybody out there?)

When putting a matching PII-333 CPU in an Intergraph TDZ-2000,
I need to add a VRM as well. (The manual says to get
a VRM from Intergraph.) There are many VRIs available from
various vendors that claim to be for PII systems and
look like they'll fit the connector -- all apparently made by VXI.

But I can't find much in the way of specs and part numbers.

What do I need to know before grabbing one and sticking it
in?

TIA ...

Tony

Tony Crawford

Sep 25, 2006, 5:00:53 AM9/25/06
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:46:27 +0200, Tony Crawford
<tcuse...@kuerbis.dnsalias.net> wrote:

> Hi gang! (Anybody out there?)
>
> When putting a matching PII-333 CPU in an Intergraph TDZ-2000,
> I need to add a VRM as well. (The manual says to get
> a VRM from Intergraph.) There are many VRIs available from
> various vendors that claim to be for PII systems and
> look like they'll fit the connector -- all apparently made by VXI.
>
> But I can't find much in the way of specs and part numbers.

Update: The "System Reference" says the VRM is "CPWS165". I guess
that was the Intergraph number. Can anyone tell me what that is
in anyone else's part numbers?

Tony

davec...@yahoo.com

Oct 6, 2006, 12:36:57 AM10/6/06

Hi Tony,
Hardly anyone but spammers posts here anymore, sadly. It's been
awhile since I fooled with any TDZ's, still have a couple mobo's
somewhere around here though. Am I mistaken or isn't there a VRM on the
board for the processor already installed? If it's built into the mobo,
never mind, my mistake. I could have sworn my TDZ-200 board had two
VRM's, my point being it's almost certainly Celestica and would have
the stock no. printed on it. If not, if you know anyone else running
any brand PII 333 (or close to that era), the stock no. on it should be
all you'd need. There was nothing special about PII upgrade kits (which
included the VRM) from Intergraph except the price (high!!!).
HTH,
Dave