Wildcat 4000 on Windows 2000, how can I get 1280x768 resolution?

frankli...@gmail.com

May 19, 2006, 9:20:45 AM5/19/06
Howdy from an ex-Intergrapher, Reston VA office 1989-1997!

My current employer wants to use their legacy Dell Precision 610 system
with a Wildcat 4000 in it on their Dell P1690 display (I believe this
is a wider than normal screen). I have installed Windows 2000, patched
it, installed the drivers from Dell for the Wildcat 4000 and the
drivers from Dell for the monitor.

Everything works but a co-worker who used this machine when it still
had NT on it insists that the resolution used to be set to 1280x768 and
that we need that back because our current setting of 1280x1024
stretches everything horizontally. While working with images and
mapping, this is not acceptable.

Any help or pointers to information would be greatly appreciated!