Pentium motherboard

Lee Liat Yeow

Dec 22, 1993, 9:43:55 AM12/22/93

Hello,
I wonder if I could get a true Pentium motherboard and
then plug in a 486 chip ?? I am not referring to those motherboard
which has a blue CPU slot for P24T. Is there any technical problems
in doing so ??
L e e L i a t Y e o w | Quote:
Dept. of Information Systems |
and Computer Science | The heart has its reasons which
National University of S'pore | reason knows nothing of.
Email : isc3...@leonis.nus.sg |
leel...@iscs.nus.sg | -- Blaise Pascal
Disclaimer : Flames are not welcomed. My opinions are my own.

DRO...@delphi.com

Dec 25, 1993, 4:29:48 PM12/25/93

The Pentium has more pins than a 486. Presumably a "true Pentium mothe
would be socketed for the larger part, and so a 486 would not fit.

Bob Zwarick

Dec 25, 1993, 10:17:46 PM12/25/93
In article <931225.59...@delphi.com>, <DRO...@delphi.com> wrote:

>The Pentium has more pins than a 486. Presumably a "true Pentium mothe
>would be socketed for the larger part, and so a 486 would not fit.

And the Pentium mb's will more than likely have a PCI bus...

Bob Zwarick "Call me by name again, again forever,
and never will it sound without response"

Mark L. Neidengard

Dec 26, 1993, 1:52:08 PM12/26/93
In article <CIMH5...@trystero.com>, Bob Zwarick <bo...@trystero.com> wrote:
>In article <931225.59...@delphi.com>, <DRO...@delphi.com> wrote:
>>
>>The Pentium has more pins than a 486. Presumably a "true Pentium mothe
>>would be socketed for the larger part, and so a 486 would not fit.
>
>And the Pentium mb's will more than likely have a PCI bus...

Indeed. Pilaging last month's computer shopper led me to call this company,
and here's a price quote, less than a week old:

Part Price Vendor
Intel Pentium/PCI motherboard 1,995 Vortex Systems (800)586-5860

This is a 60MHz processor.

| /!\/!ark /!\!eidengard, CS Major at Large | VLSI Design, Parallel Processing |
| THE *California Institute of Technology* | Hardware and Software, by way of |
| "LIFE ain't nothing but Intel and H-P!" | Engineering and Applied Science. |

vladimir...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2021, 6:23:01 PM3/20/21
Hello,

You should look into Pentium Overdrive processor. They became available around 1996.