Lost CD player when upgrading

sav...@vcu.edu

Jan 17, 2002, 6:00:48 PM1/17/02
I just upgraded Windows ME and it doesn't have the "old school" Windows 98 CD
player, it's been replaced with an extension of the Windows Media Player that
doesn't recognize CD-TEXT like the Windows 98 one did, and plays the discs
through your WAV system instead of the CD sound (meaning to turn up my CDs I
have to turn up my WAVs, including event sounds).

Does anybody have the old one (CDPLAYER.EXE, i think in C:\WINDOWS) from
Windows 98 SE they can email me? If so, please do. Or, if you know where I
can download it on the Microsoft website (I can't find it), please email me
about that too.

Thanks

NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email ab...@newsone.net