It ain't pretty, but it works

Louis Ohland

Aug 11, 2022, 1:00:12 AM8/11/22
Using SeaMonkey, since Tbird has a nasty habit of exiting as soon as you
try to send a message to the NG.

I just activated Win 7 Pro over the phone AND I'M ACTIVATED, BABY!!!

Louis Ohland

Aug 11, 2022, 1:02:32 AM8/11/22
Back to re-assembling a working system. Note to self, you can upgrade
Pro > Ultimate, but Ultimate > Pro is a complete re-instal. Just sayin'

moussa

Aug 11, 2022, 1:39:16 AM8/11/22
Louis, why you still scared of Linux??

go with linuxmint

--
Moussa

"People alike with a similar circumstances, tend to find each
others across space and time, given enough time in life, no
matter distance, language, race, colour and believes" (c) MEK
*** Do Not Copy, Duplicate or Use without my Permission ***

Louis Ohland

Aug 11, 2022, 8:57:39 AM8/11/22
Maybe Linux is scared of me?

Tomas Slavotinek

Aug 11, 2022, 10:24:19 AM8/11/22
By closing you mean crashing? Never had an issue with Thunderbird and
newsgroups... Not the most feature-rich reader, but good enough for my
needs.

Louis Ohland

Aug 11, 2022, 10:32:41 AM8/11/22
Hit "send" and Tbird disappears. It's gone, not minimized... It then
restarts... Sendts in crash report...

Tomas Slavotinek

Aug 11, 2022, 10:39:20 AM8/11/22
Open-source software... pfft.

(Shots fired! Time to run away...)

Louis Ohland

Aug 11, 2022, 10:43:29 AM8/11/22
Eh, what about M$ products... never had any problems with them... Right?

Tomas Slavotinek

Aug 11, 2022, 10:50:51 AM8/11/22
Don't take everything I say seriously... ;)

moussa

Aug 12, 2022, 12:53:56 AM8/12/22
fear of the unknown!!
if linuxmint has the same taste as jolt, you'd want peppermint
flavour...ahhhh

bought a hp deskelite 800 mini, an i5 6500T with a 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD
for just under AU$200 for my mint.

who want to assemble anymore??

another nice little gadget is the t620 , come with 2xrs232 , 1 lpt, is a
AMD quad core with a single expansion slot pci-e, 4GB RAM and 16GB SSD
for your retro fetish, mine ended up as my new ipfire router, a USB AC
wi-fi dangle brought the blue interface online for under AU$15.

remember those 4MB RAM module you used dream of everynight??
yeah serve you right for believing in M$.

Grant Taylor

Aug 13, 2022, 1:47:02 PM8/13/22
On 8/11/22 6:57 AM, Louis Ohland wrote:
> Maybe Linux is scared of me?