Xga-2 and SCSI adapter for Model 80 -121

Carsten Lyng

Apr 13, 2022, 12:25:29 PM4/13/22

I´am looking for a SCSI adapter, and a XGA-2 card for an old model
80, that i´am trying to revive.
I picked up the machine from a friend, but i came without any harddrive, SCSI adapter and XGA-2 card.
I have got one MCS-600 controller, but it is missing the Rom chip !!, so I
can´t use it. I do have a few 200 -300MB SCSI drives that I can use.

I have been in contact with "WBST" ( Tim) on Amibay, for sometime ago, but I have not really heard anything from him in a long time, not sure if he is active more on Amibay ?.

That is why I post on this Newsgroup, for perhaps some of You have got some spare cards ?.

It would be really nice, if I could get the machine up and running, so I could install my Kingston 486/Now in it. (Amd 486DX-40)

Regards
Carsten - Denmark

Louis Ohland

Apr 13, 2022, 12:31:42 PM4/13/22
I think the 600 BIOS is available.

Tim has got some hard sledding to go through.

If shipping wasn't so expen$$$ive, I'd send you a Patriot.

Carsten Lyng

Apr 13, 2022, 2:44:21 PM4/13/22
Ohh, sorry to hear about Tim - hope that he will be better soon.
It is too bad the shipping is so expensive to Denmark
Perhaps i can find a 2764-20 Eprom, and program it - if the bios file is available ?

Wolfgang Gehl

Apr 13, 2022, 3:19:51 PM4/13/22
Am 13.04.22 um 18:25 schrieb Carsten Lyng:

> I´am looking for a SCSI adapter, and a XGA-2 card for an old model
> 80, that i´am trying to revive.

I have a spare Adaptec AHA 1640 which fits perfectly to your machine as
long as your boot device doesn't exceed 2GB and a spare XGA (not XGA-2),
which is limited to 800x600 pixels on modern monitors unless your
monitor supports interlaced video modes.

Contact me offline if you are interested.

Wolfgang - Germany

Louis Ohland

Apr 13, 2022, 5:07:18 PM4/13/22
I think we don't have the 1800 v 3.x BIOS.

IBMMuseum

Apr 14, 2022, 8:31:14 PM4/14/22
> I think we don't have the 1800 v 3.x BIOS.

I should be able to archive it...

Carsten Lyng

Apr 15, 2022, 7:38:23 AM4/15/22
fredag den 15. april 2022 kl. 02.31.14 UTC+2 skrev IBMMuseum:
> > I think we don't have the 1800 v 3.x BIOS.
> I should be able to archive it...

To Wolgang:

Very interested.
I´am not sure how to contact you, can I reach you on Vintage Computer Federation forum ?.

Regards
Carsten

Wolfgang Gehl

Apr 15, 2022, 3:36:11 PM4/15/22
Am 15.04.22 um 13:38 schrieb Carsten Lyng:
Send an email.

If you're posting from Google Groups, click the three dots next to my
message. Select 'reply to the author'. The address is valid.

Wolfgang

IBMMuseum

Apr 15, 2022, 4:19:24 PM4/15/22
> >> I should be able to archive it...

And noting that I had better get busy with my Future Domain boards to archive the ROM - I'm also on the VCF Forums under the same moniker, but I don't check it much.

Carsten Lyng

Apr 16, 2022, 5:00:01 AM4/16/22
Great - I have send Email to Wolfgang - I hope it works,
i´am a greenhorn when it comes to using newsgroups

I have fund a new 2764-20 Eprom for the Future Domain board, I will get by post in the next 10-12 days
Hope that it will work with the ROM image - Thank you

Pertti Helander

May 26, 2022, 10:46:39 AM5/26/22

Pertti Helander

May 26, 2022, 10:49:59 AM5/26/22

Pertti Helander

May 26, 2022, 10:58:41 AM5/26/22
Hi Carsten,
I have 2 MCA SCSI adapters, Xga adapter and some other mca video adapters!
Email me: pertsa36 at gmail.com