Looking for 335W or 400W PSU to my IBM 8595 PC Server

Pertti Helander

Jan 31, 2023, 1:48:46 PM1/31/23
My 8585 329W Schrack PSU was faulty and I´m looking for a replacement PSU to buy. If someone has an extra working PSU to sell and he or she lives in EU country, please contact me by email. I´ve seen some 8595 PSUs on Ebay but thore are in US and shipping and other cost are too much for me. I live in Finland.

Pertti Helander

Feb 1, 2023, 5:43:14 PM2/1/23
tiistai 31. tammikuuta 2023 klo 20.48.46 UTC+2 Pertti Helander kirjoitti:
> My 8595 329W Schrack PSU was faulty and I´m looking for a replacement PSU to buy. If someone has an extra working PSU to sell and he or she lives in EU country, please contact me by email. I´ve seen some 8595 PSUs on Ebay but thore are in US and shipping and other cost are too much for me. I live in Finland.
I´´m looking to buy 335W or 400W PSU to my 8595-AKD from Europa. If I don´t find one my 8595 is useless. I´m after many years been interested in MCA PCs and dug up my old 8595 and some MCA parts from lager, some of them I have sold on Ebay or an other MCA fan.
I don´t have any other MCA PCs to work with so I must neither recycle my 8595 it nor sell it by parts.

Pertti Helander

Mar 1, 2023, 5:51:46 PM3/1/23
I find one 400V and ordered it from USA.

Pertti Helander

Mar 17, 2023, 6:11:17 AM3/17/23
I got it to day!
Is there something I must be aware when I install this Delta 400W PSU to my 8595-AKD to replace broken Schrack 329W PSU?
My 8595 has type 4 processor complex with 486DX-66 CPU.

Louis Ohland

Mar 17, 2023, 7:09:08 AM3/17/23
Don't run a RAID system with 2x 3 drive RAID cages, plus a single RAID bay.

I've run a 400w on an 8595, no issues, but you have to be reasonable.
C'mon, you had 335w before [or 329w]. Just that the 95 SSSP planar lacks
the four PTCs used by the DSDP planar.

How many times did you short out your 335w by drawing too much power?

Methinks overloading a 95 might take a lot of drives.

BUT... if you REALLY wandt to be sure, get a KILL-A-WATT meter or other
current meter and measure the amp draw.

Louis Ohland

Mar 17, 2023, 9:59:08 PM3/17/23
IBM set +12v, +5v, and -5v power for each slot, and the cumulative power
of all slots.

BUT I am not sure if they published the power draw for the board itself.
I >think< each SIMM can draw up to 1.5A for the 32MB SIMM size. We lack
the data sheet for each size of SIMM.

I >think< the three device power taps are short circuit protected, but
what are the power limits per outlet? Dunno.