Can IBM PS/2 have external 5.25'' and 3.5'' drives

Richard Catrambone

Jul 23, 1990, 11:27:39 AM7/23/90
I have an IBM PS/2 80. It has an internal 3.5'' drive
and I have also installed an external 3.5'' drive (it
is the B drive). Is it possible for me to also add
a 5.25'' external drive? When I installed the externals
3.5'' drive, I did not notice any space to add another
external drive.
--
CATRAMBONE,RICHARD
uucp: ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!rc7

KP KP

Aug 13, 2022, 11:56:10 AM8/13/22
Of course they can. They need serial connection. 16 pin.

Louis Ohland

Aug 13, 2022, 12:58:27 PM8/13/22
Any reason we're going forward to the past?

KP KP wrote:
> July 23, 1990

Your suggestion is utter rubbish. The time frame is 1990.

What PS/2 system or card even has a 16 pin connector?

Tomas Slavotinek

Aug 13, 2022, 1:18:26 PM8/13/22
He is 30 years late and you are still 2 hours ahead, my friend...

Louis Ohland

Aug 13, 2022, 4:14:43 PM8/13/22
Computer time and Smartphone time show 3:14 PM

JWR

Aug 13, 2022, 4:31:28 PM8/13/22
That's odd: your post came in somewhere in the past hour.
My computer says 13-08-2022 22:30
Your timestamp above says???

I hereby call you Marty McFly .....

--
Jelte,
Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki

JWR

Aug 13, 2022, 4:34:54 PM8/13/22
From your header :

Tomas Slavotinek

Aug 13, 2022, 4:38:10 PM8/13/22
The date header of your message still says -0700

You should have the timezone set to UTC−06:00 and with the DST nonsense
it should result in UTC−05:00. I think...

If you are still on Win 7 then right click on the clock -> Adjust
Date/Time -> Change Time Zone -> UTC-6 and tick the DST checkbox.

Tomas Slavotinek

Aug 13, 2022, 4:42:33 PM8/13/22
It's the "Date" field what matters here - that's the Origination Date:

Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 15:14:41 -0700

Louis Ohland

Aug 13, 2022, 5:17:18 PM8/13/22
What... system had Pacific Time, -8 hours.