SCSI POST Error Code decyphering

Louis Ohland

Mar 27, 2023, 11:12:59 PM3/27/23
http://ps-2.kev009.com/ohland/SCSI_Errors/SCSI_POST_Error_Codes.html

A bit rough. The Reserved, PUN, LUN, and Slot columns are not linked. If
you can't figure them out, you need more help than I can give.

The largest part of the table is the QEE column.
Note there is a row for QEET = 0000
A row where QEEn /= 0nnn or Q=0 and EET /= 000
Q=1 through Q=7, where all associated EE codes are grouped together
There is a separate column for the T code.

So, you have the error code, say fer instance 0208600U 5A6J.

R=0
DDD=208 [unknown, Houston, we got a problem...]
PUN=6
S=0 [board]
U=Unknown
Q=5 [A6 not in list, see note]
T=J

Yes, you will have to use your back key.

Louis Ohland

Mar 28, 2023, 10:17:52 AM3/28/23
DDD 104 added.

Louis Ohland

Mar 28, 2023, 10:20:55 AM3/28/23
Note the Changer, methinks the "SCSI-2 ness" is the added devices and
some commands.

209 : DIRECT ACCESS - REMOVABLE MEDIA AND/OR OTHER THAN 512 BYTE BLOCKS
210 : DIRECT ACCESS - NON REMOVABLE MEDIA. 512 BYTE BLOCKS (FIXED DISK)
211 : SEQUENTIAL ACCESS (IE. TAPE)
212 : PRINTER
213 : PROCESSOR
214 : WRITE ONCE, READ MULTIPLE (W.O.R.M.)
215 : READ ONLY (IE. CD-ROM)
216 : SCANNER
217 : OPTICAL MEMORY
218 : CHANGER (IE. MULTIPLE TRAY CD-ROM OR JUKEBOX)
219 : COMMUNICATIONS