Microelectronics Packaging Handbook

Kevin Bowling

Sep 11, 2022, 1:36:19 AM9/11/22

Louis Ohland

Sep 11, 2022, 8:29:51 AM9/11/22
Memory on Planar - SIPs ?

Tomas Slavotinek

Sep 11, 2022, 11:15:03 AM9/11/22
I was thinking that maybe some early planars used SIPs, but I think I can just make out the SIMM latches on the photo. But it's hard to tell.

Anyway, it has a few interesting tidbits. A bipolar VLSI (72X7385), huh? That's a bit surprising, but it explains the voltage reg. transistor...

@Louis: Welp, Thunderbird now crashes for me as well whenever I try to send a newsgroup post. Started with the last update.

Louis Ohland

Sep 11, 2022, 11:48:27 AM9/11/22
Tom, there is a workaround, but it involves registries in T-bird (?) and
IIRC re-installation.

That's why I wendt with Sea Monkey. I think T-Bird is better (better
control of attached images, for one). Whatever...

They do know of the bug...

Tomas Slavotinek

Sep 11, 2022, 1:21:40 PM9/11/22
Link? I can't find it on Bugzilla. I can see it being mentioned on the debian mailing list, but that's about it. It crashes somewhere in xul.dll, but I don't have the symbols for it so dunno what exactly is going on.

Meh, I gtg...

JWR

Sep 11, 2022, 3:15:37 PM9/11/22
On 11-09-2022 17:15, Tomas Slavotinek wrote:

> @Louis: Welp, Thunderbird now crashes for me as well whenever I try to send a newsgroup post. Started with the last update.

What version are you on? I'm on 91.11.0 (64-bit) on Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon which is afaik the current version for this OS.

No issues so far, but maybe I should stick to this version for the time being?

--
Jelte,
Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki

Tomas Slavotinek

Sep 11, 2022, 4:59:24 PM9/11/22
I'm on 102.2.2 (64-bit, Windows) now. I had some 91.x.x version before - probably the latest minor build. All builds from the 102 range may be affected. And based on the ubuntu mailing list, it appears to be a multiplatform issue too.

I'd recommend staying on 91.x.x until we learn more about the issue.

(And ofc I had to type this twice because I tried sending it from Thunderbird first, without even thinking about it...)

Tomas Slavotinek

Sep 11, 2022, 5:14:17 PM9/11/22
On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 10:59:24 PM UTC+2, Tomas Slavotinek wrote:
> I'm on 102.2.2 (64-bit, Windows) now. I had some 91.x.x version before - probably the latest minor build. All builds from the 102 range may be affected. And based on the ubuntu mailing list, it appears to be a multiplatform issue too.
>
> I'd recommend staying on 91.x.x until we learn more about the issue.
>
> (And ofc I had to type this twice because I tried sending it from Thunderbird first, without even thinking about it...)

I don't know why they started auto-updating users to 102.x.x while the branch clearly far from stable.

JWR

Sep 12, 2022, 4:00:14 AM9/12/22
Thanks Tom, I've blocked updates for TB for the time being. Keep us posted on developments, please.