Looking for MCA LAN Adapter to my PS/2

Pertti Helander

Feb 11, 2023, 5:48:03 AM2/11/23
I´m looking for MCA LAN adapter for access to Internet in my home. I saw in https://www.ardent-tool.com/NIC/LAN that there are some MCA adapters with RJ45 connector in it like IBM Lan Adapter/A for Ethernet or 3Com 3C529-TP Etherlink III. I want to buy one if someone here has an extra adapter to sell to me. I own one TokenRing adapter but it doesn´t have RJ45 connector in it.
Contact me by email: pertti.helander at pp.nic.fi or here if you have one to sell me.

Louis Ohland

Feb 11, 2023, 5:56:18 AM2/11/23
Wrong protocol. I'm unaware of any current systems with T/R support.

There are Deskstream HSTR switches with 10/100 uplinks, but they are
mostly in europe. Most Deskstreams lack ANY uplink port :(

Pertti Helander wrote:
> TokenRing adapter

Pertti Helander

Feb 11, 2023, 6:09:54 AM2/11/23
I see my TR adapter has no use in Ethernet Lan and here isn´t any TR Network available!

Louis Ohland

Feb 11, 2023, 6:33:07 AM2/11/23
Do you run XP? Digging through the past, Madge made HSTR cards for PCI,
I'm seeing drivers up to XP.

Torturing myself with T/R (Lanstreamer ?) to Deskstream with HSTR over
to XP, then to the world.

Louis Ohland

Feb 11, 2023, 7:05:27 AM2/11/23
Not encouraging. XP uses a different driver type than Vista/7, makes my
life more difficult. Plus, I'm running 64-bit, and I bet the XP stuff
may be 32-bit.

Better off torturing myself with a fondue fork...

Pertti Helander

Feb 11, 2023, 7:57:10 AM2/11/23
I run in my PS/2 DOS or Win95 or maybe OS/2.
I have in my home network a wireless router with Ethernet RJ45 cables and WLAN and want to connect my PS/2 to router with Ethernet cable.
So I need a MCA Ethernet Adapter with RJ45 connector but these seems to be quite rare and hard to find.

Louis Ohland

Feb 11, 2023, 9:10:25 AM2/11/23
Folks on the wrong side of the pond should step up for this. Shipping
from the US will be a bit.

"If you can't keep up, don't step up"

Tomas Slavotinek

Feb 11, 2023, 10:15:53 AM2/11/23
You got it mixed up, Louis. It's you who is on the *wrong* side of the pond.

Anyway, I recently got some DEC EtherWorks adapters:
https://www.ardent-tool.com/NIC/DEC_EtherWorks.html

They are not the best for multitasking environments (see here:
https://www.ardent-tool.com/NIC/Ethernet_Bench.html). But they should be
perfectly fine for the occasional file transfer or some light vintage
web browsing.

The adapters look good visually but are untested. I can test one before
shipping if you are willing to wait. Or we can YOLO it, up to you. You
can have it for the shipping costs (I'm from the Czech Republic, so
shipping to Finland should be relatively cheap).

Pertti, email me if you are interested.

Pertti Helander

Feb 11, 2023, 1:01:04 PM2/11/23
Louis is on the *wrong* side of the pond . Me and Tomas are on the right side!
Tomas I´m very interested in these DECs. I will email you!

Pertti Helander

Mar 1, 2023, 5:47:04 PM3/1/23
I got it! Tank you Tomas!