Move over, Magneto! I.. Am... Galvo-Tron!

Louis Ohland

Nov 23, 2021, 10:09:31 AM11/23/21
Monday morning, I was looking for the cause of some water inside the
kitchen sink cabinet. While probing, I pushed a fingertip through the
side of the P-pipe... Grr. Whipped out some electrical tape, covered the
hole. Took my girl out for a long drive in the country, followed by a
long run. Got back home, fed her, and started to punish myself.

The P-pipe nickel? coating had corroded, exposing the brass. This
brought up the fun process of galvanic corrosion, where the down-pipe
had "welded" itself to the black iron ? pipe.

So, I pried the remains of the down-pipe out from the bigger pipe, maybe
down two inches. Good enough.

The J-pipe cracked while I was adjusting it. One of the slip rings had
corroded and cracked.

Yup. One of them there days when you start to repair things, and you
find other train wrecks...

There's enough good parts where it will get fixed today...

Louis Ohland

Nov 23, 2021, 3:05:51 PM11/23/21
Seems to be the quick connect triangular collars on the sink strainers
are badly brittle. One is now in pieces.

On 11/23/2021 09:08, Louis Ohland wrote:
> will get fixed today...

schimmi

Nov 24, 2021, 12:32:56 PM11/24/21
Maybe it's wise to call a plumber for that? You know, a real professional who know what he's doing.
Like, let me say, call you out for PS/2 stuff, if we have no clue?

Louis Ohland

Nov 24, 2021, 1:27:15 PM11/24/21
ROTFL

schimmi

Nov 24, 2021, 1:52:05 PM11/24/21
*seufz*

Louis Ohland

Nov 24, 2021, 2:27:20 PM11/24/21
When have we ever left it to the "professionals"?

All this is DWV stuff, no pressure.

schimmi

Nov 24, 2021, 2:50:10 PM11/24/21
I know, Louis :) no offense.