Looking for Xga / Xga-2 adapter for model 9577

Carsten Lyng

Mar 18, 2023, 9:13:16 AM3/18/23
I have picked up a model 9577 ONA yesterday for free :-)
But the machine is missing the Xga / Xga-2 adapter
I do have another system with an Xga card, but I would like to keep that one in that machine. I have only used it for testing the 9577.

Is there someone who has got a spare Xga / Xga-2 adapter they want to sell ?. I am located in Denmark, so it would be best if someone from the EU has got one.

P.S. The machine has got the Kingston turbo chip 133 cpu upgrade too, with a very noisy cpu fan, it has to be replaced somehow...

Best Regards
Carsten

Christian Holzapfel

Mar 18, 2023, 10:19:32 AM3/18/23
Congratulations! Hope you will enjoy that machine.

Carsten Lyng schrieb am Samstag, 18. März 2023 um 14:13:16 UTC+1:
> P.S. The machine has got the Kingston turbo chip 133 cpu upgrade too, with a very noisy cpu fan, it has to be replaced somehow...

Those fans are glued, and their cage usually breaks if you try to remove them. Get any brand type fan with proper dimensions, carefully twist the old one off and/or help with a sharp blade underneath, and then glue and solder the new one in place.
Lubricating the old fan's shaft won't help, it is only accessible from the glued side :-(

No XGA-2 in my hands, unfortunately...

Christian

Carsten Lyng

Mar 18, 2023, 10:55:55 AM3/18/23
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the info about the cpu fan, I have ordered this one.:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooltek-CT4010BW-4010-Silent-Fan/dp/B00IR5RQH0
and also some superglue. I will try to remove the old fan later today.
Don´t know if it would be better with a heat sink and a fan ?. I could use some thermal tape or heatsink adhesive glue for the heat sink

/Carsten