Old school "slip case" textile covered notebook software - Any value?

jim.w...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 9:28:10 AMOct 8
I'm helping a friend do a clean-out and we've stumbled over a large number of 1980's vintage IBM PC software sets -- the style with the 8x5 3-ring notebook and the slipcase.

Are any of these collectible now?

My 2-y/o grandson's 529 could use a boost? ;-)

Thanks for any advice!

Jim

Mess'n with PS/2 machines since the Model 30 ;-)

WBSTClarke

Oct 8, 2021, 10:19:33 AMOct 8
IBM documentation and (5.25" or 3.5") floppies (in clear plastic holders) tended to come in A5 three-hole format. Three hole is mainly a US format but common enough. I expect someone would like them, are they labelled for any particular contents? Best specify if so.

BTW, what's a 529?

jim.w...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 12:20:56 PMOct 8
Thanks WBST!

Almost all that I have uncovered so far are in lightly "textile" feel boxes.
The boxes are 9 1/2" x8" deep x 2" wide with the IBM logo on one side of the silpcase
The actual pages are about 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
The first one I found was VisiCalc ;-) IBM P/N: 6024004 with the vinyl holders loaded w/ Visicalc on 5 1/4" disks.
Seems like that one should be worth ~$2.5M just by it's self??? yeah? right?

Thanks Jim!

PS: 529 plans are an IRS approved vehicle for saving for college costs in a tax-free way.

JimBobPS2

Oct 11, 2021, 10:45:22 AMOct 11
So as the archeological dig continues ....
I have found a copies of OS/2, DOS, Windows/286 and so on still in the shrinkwrap.

Does anyone know of a market place to sell them other than (better than) eBay?

Thanks for any help!
Jim

WBSTClarke

Oct 26, 2021, 10:23:29 AMOct 26
It depends whom you're trying to reach, maybe:
VCFed.org
Amibay.com

JimBobPS2

Oct 26, 2021, 11:09:51 AMOct 26

> It depends whom you're trying to reach, maybe:
> VCFed.org
> Amibay.com

I'm trying to reach people with lots of disposable income ;-)

Seriously ... Thanks!
I'll check those sites...

Jim