Alienware support

Jon Marcus

Mar 10, 2001, 4:10:33 PM3/10/01
Has anyone had recent experience with support from Alienware? I'm
thinking about getting one of their systems, but after waiting on hold
for 15 minutes while trying to order, I'm nervous about how long it
will take to get support if/when I have a problem.

thanks,
--jon

David Morris

Mar 10, 2001, 5:29:38 PM3/10/01

I can't speak for others, but I sent an e-mail to them asking them a
couple of questions prior to making an order back in November '00. I
am still waiting for a reply. Needless to say, I went with another
vendor. If they won't even respond to a question in an e-mail in
which I made it very clear that I was going to buy one of their
systems, I am very un-easy about how they would handle a problem.

I am sure that their systems are great, but their customer support is
very questionable in my mind.

David

Mad Aardvark of Doom

Mar 10, 2001, 7:27:43 PM3/10/01
On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 22:29:38 GMT, davi...@home.com (David Morris)
wrote:

I'd give Alienware a wide berth. I think they bit off more than they
can chew when they diversified from being a 'gamers-only' PC company.
My PC was missing the fan in the side that I opted for and now I've
been re-billed for it after getting a refund on the part months ago!

With Servers In California, Texas And Virginia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

pw

Mar 10, 2001, 10:58:08 PM3/10/01
On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 15:10:33 -0600, Jon Marcus
<jonm...@mediaone.net> wrote:

I have a Falcon-Northwest (www.falcon-nw.com) Mach V from over a year
ago and I am still continuously praising it and the company (just did
it again! :-). Their tech support is fantastic. Extremely
knowledgeable, corteous and prompt. They are available 6 days a week.
I have not had much, if any, trouble with it, but every time I have a
question about any thing (drivers, cards, products,...) they get back
to me soon (e-mail or phone).

So if Alienware is anything like F-NW, I would go for it! But, I
would buy a F-NW system though. <g>

-pw

Don Sterner

Mar 13, 2001, 8:35:07 PM3/13/01
>>I am sure that their systems are great, but their customer support is
>>very questionable in my mind.
>>
>I'd give Alienware a wide berth. I think they bit off more than they
>can chew when they diversified from being a 'gamers-only' PC company.
>My PC was missing the fan in the side that I opted for and now I've
>been re-billed for it after getting a refund on the part months ago!

Reseller ratings give them a 4.8/7.0 which isn't too bad. Probably
best to go to the following link & read the comments that have been
input by previous customers. http://www.resellerratings.com/a.html