Babylon 5 PC Games . . . Do you want them? (Request for Information)

SK

Mar 12, 2002, 10:26:17 PM3/12/02
As some of you B5 fans and gamers might remember, there was a Babylon 5
Combat Sim in development by Sierra a few years ago, but it was cancelled
just as it was nearing completion. Footage for the game was filmed with the
original B5 cast (Bruce Boxleitner, Mira Furlan, Jerry Doyle, Tracy
Scoggins, Wayne Alexander and Maggie Egan, just to name a few) on the
original B5 sets. The storyline was approved by JMS. This footage may
never be seen.

The game, titled "Babylon 5: Into the Fire", was a unique blend of action
(one-man
fighter combat), and strategy (capital ship combat and squad-based battles)
while
at the same time telling a story faithful to the high-quality of the Babylon
5 universe.

A few efforts by the former developers have been made to save the game,
but they haven't succeeded.

Well, a certain determined fan, with the support of some of the former
developers, is trying one last time to save the game. In an effort to find
out what gamers want, he has set up a survey to collect that data. The
survey is located at http://gamesurvey.radiusco.com/survey.php

NOTE: This survey has been created specifically for collecting information
to be used in saving the B5 game. It is not simply an "out of curiosity"
survey.

Anyone interested in Babylon 5 games, or sci-fi/space combat sims in
general might want to fill out this survey. The survey does not ask for any
personal information (no e-mail addresses or names).

For tracking purposes, you can enter my name as the referral ID. Just use
samk (all lowercase). But this is definitely not required. The important
thing is that the information is collected.

If you could post this on the site to get the word out, it would be
appreciated.

A link to the survey can also be found on the main news page of
http://www.firstones.com , a fan-site dedicated to the B5 Sim.

Thanks!

Sam Kimpton
Sa...@firstones.com

John Ludlow

May 31, 2002, 8:01:02 AM5/31/02
link doesn't work
"SK" <samu...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

John Ludlow

May 31, 2002, 7:57:14 AM5/31/02
> Babylon 5 PC Games . . . Do you want them?
Yes!!!

Curious

May 31, 2002, 8:09:14 PM5/31/02

"John Ludlow" <johnl...@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message

> > Babylon 5 PC Games . . . Do you want them?
> Yes!!!

yups, damn sure, 2bad sierra fuckers killed b5 game before it was out :(

John Ludlow

Jun 1, 2002, 6:28:12 AM6/1/02
OK, here's some links for all you B5 game fans out there. (There's a load
more as well, far too many for me to copy here. just go here to my Google
search:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&querytime=kAI&q=%22babylon+5
+game%22)

http://mods.firstones.com/Thirdage/
http://www.ultradrive.com/b5.htm
http://www.clearnet.net/users/campbell/b5/b5main.html
http://www.firestones.com (not up and running at the moment, but it's 'under
development'. Check it out in a month or two to see if it's up then.)

John Ludlow

Jun 2, 2002, 6:48:51 AM6/2/02
Ooops. Try http://www.firstones.com instead.