best sound card for KT133A chipset?

Daniel TONG

Mar 4, 2002, 8:30:56 PM3/4/02
I have a Microstar K7T Turbo2 with the built-in AC97 codec

It is an 1 yr old chipset of KT133A chipset.

Anyone has happy experience with any sound card under Win2000 and ME?

I mainly use Win2000

Any input would be most appreciated.

Daniel
Toronto

Roj

Mar 5, 2002, 2:34:44 PM3/5/02

TB Santa Cruz.

No issues under Win2K. Never used MiniMe.

Roj
Roj

"Faith manages."
jms

Justin Baker

Mar 5, 2002, 2:51:18 PM3/5/02
"Daniel TONG" <danielchton...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I have an ABIT KT7A with the VIA KT133A chipset. I originally had problems
with a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live, and so replaced it with a
VideoLogic SonicFury. This card worked very well. I have recently moved
this card to another PC, and put the SB Live back in. With the latest
drivers and BIOS for the motherboard, and the latest drivers for the sound
card, it would seem to be working fine.

JB

Kevin Lambert

Mar 31, 2002, 8:06:51 AM3/31/02
I have to agree with Roj, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I have had no issues
under WinME with it (and Im currently using the latest released WMD
drivers).

Kevin

"Daniel TONG" <danielchton...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

George Mealer

Mar 31, 2002, 2:36:24 PM3/31/02
"Kevin Lambert" <kev...@cox.net> wrote in

> I have to agree with Roj, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I have had no issues
> under WinME with it (and Im currently using the latest released WMD
> drivers).

No problems with an Audigy and KT133A on either Win2K or XP, aside from it
failing the mic voice test for GameVoice/CounterStrike on XP if DirectSound
acceleration is on (you just turn it off, pass the test, then turn it back
on...all works fine).

SB Live 5.1 had crackling issues that were easily tweaked away on Abit, but
I dunno MSI's BIOS. No driver issues with Win2K, but the mic was
completely hosed under XP. Everything else was OK.

Geo
--
George Mealer
geo*AT*snarksoft*DOT*com

"There is this special biologist word we use for 'stable'. It is
'dead'." -- Jack Cohen