Trouble recording with an M-Audio Audiophile soundcard

ch...@corquuxrupt.net

Apr 8, 2002, 8:01:35 AM4/8/02
I just got a new M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, and the installation
seems to have been successful, as I can play wav files with it, and with the
Monitor Mixer (in the applet it adds to the Control Panel) detects input when
I play my guitar into it (via a POD sound processor).

The thing is, I've been trying to record by plugging my POD into the analog
inputs of the card, but I've had no luck.

When I select the Audiophile analog input (AP H/W 1/2) as the recording source
in Sound Forge, I end up recording nothing but static. If I use the AP
Monitor Mixer as the recording source, I get absolutely nothing.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Any suggestions?

If you want any other details, just ask. You can email me if you want, just
take the QUUX out of the address.

Thanks to anyone who has any idea about this.

Philippe Legros

Apr 11, 2002, 1:49:43 AM4/11/02
I can't speak about SoundForge, but I have no problem using a M-Audio
Audiophile 2496 with CoolEdit.
CoolEdit has a 'Devices' setup. I choosed 'WavOut 1/2 Delta-AP' for the
playback, PCM In 1/2 Delta-AP' for the record. Perhaps you may find in
SoundForge something similar?

PhL
<ch...@corQUUXrupt.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
zEfs8.3721$uH2.4...@dca1-nnrp2.news.algx.net...

Andrzej Popowski

Apr 11, 2002, 4:47:24 AM4/11/02
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:01:35 GMT, ch...@corQUUXrupt.net piszesz:

>When I select the Audiophile analog input (AP H/W 1/2) as the recording source
>in Sound Forge, I end up recording nothing but static. If I use the AP
>Monitor Mixer as the recording source, I get absolutely nothing.
>
>Has anyone gotten this to work? Any suggestions?

I think that could be becouse of some hardware settings in control
panel. Try to unset 'Reset Rate When Idle' and maybee set 'Rate
Locked'.

Pozdrowienia,

Andrzej Popowski