XGE MIDI delay problems

Frank

Feb 21, 2004, 6:24:40 AM2/21/04
Hi there,

I'm using Cubase 5 with a Yamaha SW1000 and XGEditor, Hubis MIDI cable, on
an AMD Athlon 2200+ and 512 RAM on Win98SE.

I'm having troubles with XGE MIDI message delays and/or no message at all
between XGE and Cubase. Sometimes the voices aren't transmitted, sometimes
the FXs are missing, and sometimes both. The weird thing is that sometimes
everything works fine, ie correct sounds and settings, which means all
messages (SysEx) are being correctly send and received. But when I load an
XG file it wont deliver the original settings, but then I can get them back
by re-selecting each voice/setting individually, which means that the
messages ARE being sent/received.

I've checked everything I could in Cubase (MME setup, correct outputs, MIDI
delays, etc) as well as in XGE (correct MIDI in/out setup in XGE), both
several times.

It seems to me that it is more a delay problem than an actual receiving of
the messages problem, as each time I tweak any button on XGE during
playback, there is some stuttering - time for the messages to arrive, but
they do arrive. So I don't know which one is the culprit, XGE or Cubase. Or
could something be wrong with the Hubis cable? Or could it be the
soundcard itself? BTW GM MIDI without XGE works 100% fine.

Anybody has any bright idea?

Thanks.

Frank