Santa Cruz Problems w/ ABIT KX7-333R Help please

James

Jul 13, 2002, 12:43:47 AM7/13/02
My system specs:
Abit KX7-333R
Win XP
Geforce 3
Santa Cruz Sound Card with latest XP Drivers
DVD Drive
Lite On 24X CDR
Firewire Card
Video Capture Card
Real Tek NIC

Problem: Static/sputtering sound - happens when I am playing Diablo 2 online
(but not when I play offline single player), when I play scores in Finale.
and on some MIDI files (seems more pronounced on some instruments/patches
than others). Plays audio CDs fine. The diagnostic provided by Turtle Beach
passes fine.

I am using the RAID IDE as a regular IDE channel - no array.
I had a SB Live! installed but uninstalled it and removed all drivers. I did
not wipe out windows and reinstall it for the sound card. I have disabled my
serial ports and have IRQs 2,3,4, and 7 free. The Santa Cruz WAS sharing an
IRQ with my NIC but I swapped it with my Firewire card and it is now sharing
an IRQ with the USB Host Controller on IRQ 5. All drives are using DMA. VERY
frustrating when all I ever heard was how great Santa Cruz cards were. Any
all suggestions appreciated!!

Email if you can please!
James