Cracking and Poping of mp3s on my 2nd HD help 2

1 view

Lube Saveski

Mar 10, 2002, 10:20:54 AM3/10/02
Hi all I'm wondering if anyone could help me out as it's driving me crazy
now.

Recently I added a 2nd HD to my system so I can do some video editing, store
my photographic work. The problem I have is when I play mp3's from my 2nd HD
and doing something else with the computer like loading a program or working
in Photoshop. The songs start to make a scratching or crackling sounds.

How do I over come this? I don't know if it's the way I have set the HD's up
as 2 masters or because I have SCSI CD-Rom drive or too much equipment on my
machine and there is a conflict some where.

The System
P3 866mhz
2x SCSI CD-Rom drivers 1 being a Burner
SB-Live Card
Fire Wire (editing card)
Modem
TNT 2 Ultra Card
512meg Ram

1x 13gig HD 7200rpm Western Digital - Master HD and jumpers set on Master
and on IDE port 1
(boots windows)

1x 40 gig HD 7200rpm Western Digital - 2nd Master HD and jumpers set on 2nd
Master and on IDE port 2 (used for storage)

If anyone could help it would be great

newo...@hotmail.com

You Know Who ~

Mar 10, 2002, 1:49:31 PM3/10/02
I think you have the drives set up properly. I wonder if you have something
running in the background. Try to set up a permanent swap file and back off
on the use of the Vcache.
http://you_know_who.home.att.net/tips/windows_ykw.html

--

You Know Who~