Wamirack- new drivers, new problems (Windows 2000)

1 view

Jens J.

Apr 8, 2002, 10:29:59 PM4/8/02
ok, my wamirack20 (with wr24 pci upgrade card) worked so-so in my win98se
pc. Tested the new 3.51 drivers and they worked OK.

I put the card in my new machine and now im having all sorts of trouble
(which only happens when i have the host pci card in the computer.. all bad
behaviour stops when i remove the wamirack card from the pc.)

As soon as I reboot after installing 3.51 drivers, the computer locks up
completely as I login to windows 2000 (after login, but before i see my
complete desktop)

I also removed drivers but left the wamirack in and disabled it in device
manager, however the PC still locked up and blue-screened several times,
until I removed the actual wamirack pci card. The bad behaviour then
stopped...

My new pc is:

Pentium4 1.8 ghz(northwood)

Asus P4B266 (i845 chipset) motherboard w/ built-in C-Media sound(CMI8378
chipset)

512 Mb DDR PC2100 ram (kingston)

20gb IDE drive maxtor?

80gb Seagate IDE

40x mitsumi CD-ROM IDE

10/100 nic (centaur?) admtek chipset?

16mb tnt2 agp video card

Diamond Fireport40 scsi adapter

-9.1gb UW SCSI drive

-2x JVC SCSI CD-R drive

anybody else having problems with Wamirack and windows 2000/Xp ???

zerog2k AT yahoo DOT com

Jens