Turtle Beach Santa Cruz problems

Tiffany

May 23, 2003, 2:47:01 PM5/23/03
I have a Dell Dimension 8100 with a Santa Cruz sound card. This machine came
installed with Windows ME but is now running Windows 2000 (Service pack 3).
I can get sound working in stereo, but cannot get the versa jack to use
digital output. If I go into the Santa Cruz control panel, all the EQ
options are greyed out and none of the effects (reverb, small room, etc.)
will turn on. I am using the Dell 4112 drivers, but if I try to install
either the later Dell drivers or the Turtle Beach drivers I get a blue
screen on reboot ("KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Address B7ADEF1C base at
B7ACA000, DateStamp 3ea9c74b
-tbcwdm.sys"). I tried calling Dell about this but their only comments are
that they cannot support this issue because I am using a different operating
system than what they installed. Has anyone here successfully gotten the
full functionality out of this card on Win2K?

Grasso

May 27, 2003, 7:59:13 PM5/27/03
>I tried calling Dell about this but their only comments are
>that they cannot support this issue because I am using a different operating
>system than what they installed. Has anyone here successfully gotten the
>full functionality out of this card on Win2K?

Yes. Your problems may be due to bad hardware or bad software, e.g. a
driver conflict. You may also come to the conclusion that Dell
computers are just crap.

Uli

--
------- http://grassomusic.de -------

CJT

May 27, 2003, 9:37:22 PM5/27/03
Tiffany wrote:

I suspect they would find some other rationale if you WERE using the OS
they installed (e.g. you've installed some of your own application
software on it).