FYI: Aztech Sound Galaxy Washington 16 (I38-MMSN824) - Latest Win95 Driver info! But where is EEPROM.SYS ?

Lilla

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

Win95 detects my sound card and installs it as
Aztech Sound Galaxy Washington 16

FCC ID: I38-MMSN824 is stamped on the board. (Note: I38-MMSN822 is stated is
erroneously stated in the manual. Also features on board differ from picture
of board shown in manual.)

Chipset: One of the big chips on the card says AZT 2316A (this is the
chipset).

This board has an EEPROM on-board with a jumper that can be set to use
either EEPROM or software. The jumper is set to use EEPROM.

http://www.aztechca.com/instl_95.html provides the following links
* Win95 install instructions for Sound Galaxy Nova-16 Extra II (using
AZT-2316/2316A/2316R Chipset) "Washington"
* Win95 install instructions for Sound Galaxy Nova-16 Extra II Card (with
EEPROM.SYS)

It is the later installation that applies to me since I have the EEPROM
version (see explanation above). This instruction is located at
http://www.aztechca.com/2316.htm. It says I need to use EEPROM.SYS in my
config.sys. I have no such file ? It is not included in the 2316FD95.zip
which they have you download. Where do I get this driver. Could someone
Email it to me ?

Full Duplex Drivers. Interestingly after installing the Win95 full duplex
drivers provided in the download (via link provided) 2316FD95.zip, Win95
Device Driver now refers to this card as AZT2316/R Audio Device rather than
Aztech Sound Galaxy Washington 16, but it does seem to be working OK so far.
This provides v 4.03.1128 of the audio driver.

DirectX Drivers. http://www.aztechca.com/aztfiles.html provides a link
titled "For 2316/A/R and 2320 DirectX 3.0 Drivers" I downloaded these and
installed them also. This provides v 4.03.1130 of the audio driver.

My Questions:

1) There is a link at this same site labeled "2316FD95.ZIP Win95 Full-Duplex
Driver (for 2316/A/R family) Version 4.8.0 Build 1130 1/1". This appears to
be a later version than the one I downloaded, however, the link is broken. I
get an error message saying Internet Explorer (I'm running 4.0) cannot
access this site, server returned extended information. I see no Email
address for the webmaster to report this. Anyone know how I can get this
later file ?

2) Anyone know where i can get EEPROM.SYS ? Maybe someone could Email it to
me - would really appreciate it.

I sincerely hope someone will find my notes helpful in updating their
drivers. And if anyone can help me with the above two questions that will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lilla (Mailto: li...@gte.net)

Lilla

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

Here's how I updated my Win95 sound card drivers. Here's some relevant
information about my particular card.

1) Win95 detects my sound card and installs it as "Aztech Sound Galaxy
Washington 16".

2) FCC ID: I38-MMSN824 is stamped on the board. (Note: I38-MMSN822 is

erroneously stated in the manual. Also features on board differ from picture
of board shown in manual.)

3) Chipset: One of the big chips on the card says AZT 2316A (this is the
chipset).

4) This board has an EEPROM on-board with a jumper that can be set to use

either EEPROM or software. The jumper is set to use EEPROM.

Here's the Win95 driver's information I decided was applicable to my system.

dylan...@gmail.com

May 3, 2015, 7:42:17 PM5/3/15
Was restoring an old 486 and ran into one of these cards.

ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/DOWNLOAD/sg/index.txt

ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/DOWNLOAD/sg/P16II/
The P16IIB-1.ZIP driver seems to partially work, can set the IRQ\DMA settings on the card via the utility and it installs EEPROM.SYS

The volume utilities don't seem to work, can't detect the card, but after the setup utility ran, the card started working in DOS mode without having to start Windows.