ES1488 ("AudioDrive") soundcard IC - INFO WANTED [QFP52 package, ISA-bus signals!]

MAC

Feb 8, 2009, 3:09:11 AM2/8/09
Hi.
I'm looking for a datasheet on the ES1488 (or even ES488), a
SoundBlaster (tm) compatible chip, as used in some early laptops and
soundcards....
Made by ESS, it was one of the first in their "AudioDrive" (tm)
series.
Just the pinout will do to get me started!
It's in a small 52-pin QFP package, not 100-pin.

Have asked ESS directly, but no joy - surprise, surprise... :-(
And have tried "Wayback Archive", but found only ES688, ES18xx - no
good: bigger packages.

Any help much appreciated.
- Mark Crumpton