Anyone with IBM RT equipment?

zitsky

Aug 10, 2009, 2:14:09 PM8/10/09
I know this group is almost completely abandoned.. if anyone has an
IBM RT 6152 or other equipment they would like to sell or give away,
please contact me. I used to work with these at Carnegie Mellon in
the early 90's. I can be reached at markryanmiller at gmail dot com

David Solimano

Aug 14, 2009, 12:24:15 AM8/14/09

And anything you don't want you can send my way :-).
--David

marcel

Sep 17, 2009, 4:36:07 PM9/17/09
Guys,

I have no idea if there are any enthusiasts in Europe (or elsewhere in
the world with abilities to arrange affordable shipping), but after 12
years of not even plugging them in, I am looking to get rid of mine.

Free to a good home. Prefer if you take it all. Best bits leave last!

I have:
- 6151-115 desktop
- 6150-??? tower (a higher spec one than the 6151, but the numbers are
hidden until I throw away all the old pentium stuff that's stacked up in
front of it)
- a bag of parts including a spare mainboard, cpu board etc for the 6151

Both machines were working when last powered up around 1997, including
their ESDI disks and all. IIRC both run AIX 2.2.1 and have a number of
largely unidentified expansion cards.

- 2x 6155 displays
- One or two of them huge mice with round buttons, not sure.

- one IBM 5083-12A Tablet in original packaging, complete with three
4-button "crosshair mice" (Cursor) and a Stylus. See
http://www.ibmmuseum.com/ohlandl/6152/6151_HMS_Sec10_User_Input_Devices.pdf
(I have never before or since seen the likes of this thing! Might be a
rare item.)

- Two large boxes of floppies, not sure if any would still work. You
would be extremely lucky to find all AIX floppies still in working
order, but they're in there. Not the originals though.
- Some manuals

Optionally I can include:
- a 5.25" 1.2MB floppy drive for a normal PC in good condition, that you
can use to make floppies for the RT.
- A successor, IBM PowerPC 7248-133.
- 3151 (amber screen) and 3161 (green screen!) serial terminals. I
probably don't have cables for these though, because I used them on a
regular Linux PC at the time, not the RT. I do believe there's a quad
serial port card in one or both RT's.

All of it together should weigh about 250 pounds (120kg), maybe more, so
shipping costs are likely prohibitive for anyone outside Europe.

I can assist with shipping arrangements, however you pick a suitable
carrier. I have not dealt with shipping such heavy items before. I know
the regular postoffice won't take a 6151, even by itself, let alone a
6150. All hardware is free, shipping costs obviously yours.

Also have an early DEC Alpha (Jensen) and Sun IPX available, both with
an ancient Linux version installed. Clearing out my computer fossil
collection to make room for more current hobbies...

Marcel