IBM 6152 (is anyone still here?)

William R. Walsh

Mar 29, 2007, 10:37:57 PM3/29/07
This group looks pretty quiet. Hopefully there are still a few people
reading it.

Can anyone help with the ADF/DGS file for an IBM 6152 Academic System? Setup
instructions? Anything at all?

Thanks!

William

Ignatios Souvatzis

Apr 17, 2007, 4:59:55 PM4/17/07
William R. Walsh wrote:
> This group looks pretty quiet. Hopefully there are still a few people
> reading it.
yes.

> Can anyone help with the ADF/DGS file for an IBM 6152 Academic System? Setup
> instructions? Anything at all?

Academic _Operating_ System? Sorry, know. Our machine, back then,
ran AIX 2.2.1.

-is

William R. Walsh

Apr 18, 2007, 12:58:19 AM4/18/07
Hi!

> yes.

Well, that's good.

> Academic _Operating_ System? Sorry, know. Our machine, back then,
> ran AIX 2.2.1.

Anything that could be found would be great. AOS, AIX, Pick (?),
documentation, files, whatever. I'm trying to ressurect it and save whatever
pieces I possibly can.. I'd like to learn more about this thing and make it
run if it can be done.

William

Bob Vaughan

Apr 30, 2007, 5:54:37 AM4/30/07
In article <LzhVh.61041$_c5.55119@attbi_s22>,

I probably have some manuals kicking around that might be useful. I think
I have the hardware manuals, but I forget which model it was for.
If I find them, I'll scan them to pdf, and post the link.

I don't think I have any other bits kicking around, although I did see a
serial port pigtail pass through the local Goodwill store a couple months
ago, which I didn't think to grab at the time. I might have a mouse
somewhere, and maybe some copies of the boot floppies, if I didn't purge
them.
Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --

William R. Walsh

May 1, 2007, 9:07:39 PM5/1/07
Hi!

> I probably have some manuals kicking around that might be useful. I think
> I have the hardware manuals, but I forget which model it was for.
> If I find them, I'll scan them to pdf, and post the link.

This is *great* news. I do hope that you can find the manuals and appreciate
your going to the trouble of scanning them.

Mine is a 6152-022, which seems to be the low end model.
http://www.walshcomptech.com/ps2/6152.html
...but I'd be more than happy to know anything at all.

Thanks for the reply and information so far.

William