IBM RT and 5085-2 need some hardware

John Clausen

Aug 3, 2011, 2:12:54 PM8/3/11
Hello again everyone!

My IBM RT is well on the road to recovery. I have a Seagate hard drive
and all the disks needed to load AIX 2.2.1.

I plan to hook up an IBM 5085-2 graphics processor to my RT. I would
have called it a graphics terminal, but I didn't name it. I have the
5085 and the cable coming from the unit. I am looking for the card for
the RT and the Peripheral adapter??? for the 5085.

I believe the card for the RT is called the 5080 interface, but I am
not sure. The peripheral adapter is supposed to plug into the cable
from the 5085 and allow the RT and 5085 to share the keyboard and
mouse.

Anyone out there still have some of these parts and maybe some advice?

Thanks,
John

jcla...@clausengis.com

Dave McGuire

Aug 20, 2011, 2:25:27 AM8/20/11

Talk to Sridhar Ayengar, I will email you his contact info privately
if you can't find it, let me know. He might have what you're looking
for. I myself have a bunch of RT stuff, but I (sadly) don't have one of
those graphics subsystems. Good luck finding those parts!

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL

Kevin Bowling

Feb 18, 2021, 11:33:16 AM2/18/21
In case anyone stumbles across this, I have a 5085 and connect card. I
do not have the microcode floppy for the 5085 which might be required to
start it. I also don't have any software for the RT side which would
use the 5085. Interested in working with others to make a fully working
setup.

Regards,
Kevin