Reset partition?

Dan Traut

Jan 5, 2004, 12:45:02 PM1/5/04
Hey all, hope you can help... PartitionMagic saw that I hadn't made rescue
discs and decided to teach me a lesson :-)

I have 3 hard drives - a 60 gig internal, an 80 gig internal, and an 80 gig
external FireWire. Drives 1 and 2 have two partitions (c/e and d/f, drive
letter-wise), while the external has one partition. All are ntfs.

Anyway, PartitionMagic 7.0 hiccupped, and now drive F: shows up as
unformatted. I downloaded some utilities and can see that my files are
still there, but I will need to pony up the dough to recover these files.
I'm wondering if there's a way for me to reset the F drive partition to
ntfs, or should I just pay for the full license of the utilities I tested
and find some way to make room for 70 gigs of info temporarily. I have
some computer knowledge, but apparently not enough to figure out how to do
this on my own.

Thanks in advance!