Linksys WMP54G probs with BX mobo

1 view

Eric van Wijk

Sep 22, 2003, 3:47:27 PM9/22/03

I have just bought my 2nd Linksys WMP54G today. The 1st works fine, and was
the reason to get the other one for my old PIII. However, the new WMP54G
doesn't work with that system. Once inserted, there is no video after and
familier beep. Even when I remove all add-on cards (except for the VGA card)
and disable COM & LPT ports it will not boot with the WMP54G inserted. The
WMP54G works fine in 2 other systems, so the card must be OK.

The system concerned is a PIII with:
a AOpen a6bp plus motherboard (440 BX chipset)
onboard SCSI (disabled)
PIII/800
512 MB memory

Any idea what the issue can be?

Thx. in Adv.

Eric

Brettg

Sep 23, 2003, 2:41:00 AM9/23/03
"Eric van Wijk" <er...@van-wijc.kom> wrote in message news:<DqScnV126tR...@giganews.com>...

I have just had the same experience with that card in two different BX
motherboards. Looks like an incompatibility with the BX chipset to me.

Tony Marsillo

Sep 28, 2003, 9:56:07 AM9/28/03
Eric,
Have you tried the card in different PCI slots on the mother board. I have
an ABIT BE6-II mother board that uses the same chip set, on my MB some PCI
slots share IRQs. This can cause a conflict. Not sure if your board has the
same issue.

--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair