CD RW Drive refuses to stay closed

Rajesh Dugar

Apr 24, 2004, 12:27:38 PM4/24/04
My Sony CDRW CRX195A internal EIDE drive on a Windows 2000, Intel Celeron
machine refuses to stay closed. When I close it with or without a CD, the
drive closes, and after a second, opens up again. I can hear a snapping
sound when the drive locks, but in unlocks and sends the tray out again.

It is recognized by the OS and there is no problem reported from a software
perspective.

Any ideas what could be wrong, and how to fix it?

Here is what happened. I mis aligned the tray when open, but bumping against
it, so I opened it and set it right. But after assempling the drive, it
behaves as above. HELP!

DaveW

Apr 24, 2004, 7:53:46 PM4/24/04
It sounds like you have a mechanically failed drive that needs to be
replaced.

--
DaveW

"Rajesh Dugar" <rdu...@verizon.net> wrote in message