comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video

Terry

Mar 20, 2004, 9:46:51 PM3/20/04
I would like to upgrade the graphics card of my P3 computer. It has a
VGA slot which is compliant with AGP 1 specificaiton. It is currently
working with a graphics card containing INTEL740 chipset. I believe the
mainboard has a AGP 2x support (though i am not too sure).

And the card I want to purchase is ATI 9200se. It is compliant with VGA
revision 3 standard with 2x/4x/8x. I intend to use the DVI output to
interface with the current monitor.

Will the new card be compatible with this old PC if the mainboard has
AGP 2x support? How abt if the mainboard has only AGP 1x support?

Thank you.