Iiyama 21" Monitors

Joerg Hegermann

Mar 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/26/97

Does anybody out there has some experience with Iiyama Monitors?
I am thinking about bying a 21" Monitor and the Iiyama Models are
quite cheap.

MF-8221T
24,8-96 KHz
0,28mm

MT-9021T
24,8-94 KHz
0,30mm

MF-8721T
27-110 KHz
0,27mm

Any experience with these models? any comments?
Please eMail me at hig...@lake.de, since I don't check this group very
often.

Cheers
Higgins

Bo Edstrom

Mar 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/27/97

On 26 Mar 1997 17:20:20 GMT, hig...@mermaid.lake.de (Joerg Hegermann)
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anybody out there has some experience with Iiyama Monitors?

>I am thinking about bying a 21" Monitor and the Iiyama Models are=20

>quite cheap.
>
>MF-8221T
> 24,8-96 KHz
> 0,28mm

Hello !
I have this model .
=46=3DFlat square tube , not Trinitron.
T=3DTCO 92 or 95 (low emission , energy efficiency etc).
Can do 1600x1200 at 75 Hz vertical refresh(=3Dno flicker at 75Hz , not
to my eyes at least) , 1280x1024 at 88Hz etc.=20
Videobandwith 200MHz.
Viewable screen seize is 406x304 mm.
VGA and BNC connectors.
Controls for the usual things like hoirisontal-vertical position etc,
moir=E9 reduction and horizontal-vertical convergence control etc.=20

I use my Iiyama with a Matrox Millennium at 1600x1200 75 Hz and I'm
pleased with the picture quality. I use a BNC cable.
You will probably find a better monitor if you pay enough to get such
a monitor. But Iiyama monitors are reasonably priced , but I would
not say they are _quite cheap_. I guess the price is diffrent in
diffrent countries , for exampel in Sweden this MF-8221-T was not
what I call _cheap_ 14 months ago when I bought mine. =20
Today they might be cheaper -I hope so.

>MT-9021T
> 24,8-94 KHz
> 0,30mm
The only thing I know about this is that you get a flatter screen and
perhaps a little sharper picture.=20

>MF-8721T
> 27-110 KHz
> 0,27mm
This must be a new one ?
Do you have any http:// so I can take a look at it ?

>Any experience with these models? any comments?

If you are going to use 1600x1200 , buy a really good graphics card(if
you not already have one) so you can give these Iiyamas (or any other
21" monitors ) a card that match these monitors specifications(for
exampel high enough vertical refresh rate so no flicker etc).

>Please eMail me at hig...@lake.de, since I don't check this group very=20
>often.
>
>Cheers
>Higgins

best regards,
Bo
bo...@algonet.se

Gregg

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

In article <5hblsk$8...@marina.lake.de>,
hig...@mermaid.lake.de (Joerg Hegermann) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anybody out there has some experience with Iiyama Monitors?
>I am thinking about bying a 21" Monitor and the Iiyama Models are

>quite cheap.
>
>MF-8221T
> 24,8-96 KHz
> 0,28mm
>

>MT-9021T
> 24,8-94 KHz
> 0,30mm
>
>MF-8721T
> 27-110 KHz
> 0,27mm
>

>Any experience with these models? any comments?

>Please eMail me at hig...@lake.de, since I don't check this group very

>often.
>
>Cheers
>Higgins

I just received a 17" Iiyama monitor by mail order, and am sending it back. There are serious
flaws in the color and brightness consistency. Two of the corners of the screen are darker
than the rest of the screen, and one corner has a pinkish-purplish tint to it, no matter
what color background is on the screen. Since I ordered my monitor, I've noticed two posts
complaining of the same problem with the iiyama MT-9017E. I may switch to a Viewsonic or
Sony.

Good luck!

Gregg

Chris Dodd

Apr 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/2/97

> I just received a 17" Iiyama monitor by mail order, and am sending it back. There are serious
>flaws in the color and brightness consistency. Two of the corners of the screen are darker
>than the rest of the screen, and one corner has a pinkish-purplish tint to it, no matter
>what color background is on the screen. Since I ordered my monitor, I've noticed two posts
>complaining of the same problem with the iiyama MT-9017E. I may switch to a Viewsonic or
>Sony.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Gregg

I have a MT-9107e and have no problems whatsoever. SO far I have had
the monitor for 9 months, and the only thing I ever did was buy a BNC
cable. The colors on my monitor are absolutely stunning, and it is
evenly bright. Compared to my old 15" monitor that was not a
diamondtron, it is almost too bright, though.

If possible go compare them at a a score, but the 17" versions are
great in my opinion. On the other hand, I have heard that the 20"
models are not as good.

Anyone care to put their 2 pennies in for the 20" models?

Chris

dyland...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2019, 8:27:01 AM6/19/19
On Wednesday, March 26, 1997 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+1, Joerg Hegermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody out there has some experience with Iiyama Monitors?
> I am thinking about bying a 21" Monitor and the Iiyama Models are
> quite cheap.
>
> MF-8221T
> 24,8-96 KHz
> 0,28mm
>
> MT-9021T
> 24,8-94 KHz
> 0,30mm
>
> MF-8721T
> 27-110 KHz
> 0,27mm
>
> Any experience with these models? any comments?
> Please eMail me at hig...@lake.de, since I don't check this group very
> often.
>
> Cheers
> Higgins

I personally prefer the 21 inch model. It's amazing. It's high resolution and vibrant colors makes it perfect for classic games :D