potential glitches extending Windows partition?

1 view

bilsch01

Oct 13, 2023, 1:23:05 AM10/13/23
My HDD is 238 GiB.
My PC had 95 GiB ntfs partition (Windows) followed by 2 ext4 partitions
for Ubuntu.
It was booting thru a Grub menu to select either Windows or Ubuntu.
I deleted the two ext4 parts. Now there's about 141 GiB empty space
following the 95 GiB Windows part.
Now at start up the old boot menu doesn't display but a Grub prompt is
there.
Type EXIT at the Grub prompt, and it boots Windows fine.
No problem.

Now I want to DISKPART extend the Windows partition by about 98 GiB.
If I use DISKPART I have to do this while Windows is running.
QUESTION 1: Will that work?
QUESTION 2: Will Windows still boot thru the Grub prompt (described
above) or could the much bigger size cause a glitch?

TIA. Bill S.

bilsch01

Oct 14, 2023, 3:32:20 AM10/14/23
I figured it all out. Thanks.