"This Two-Inch Diamond Disc Could Hold a Staggering Billion Blu-Ray's Worth of Data"

Lynn McGuire

May 3, 2022, 6:19:34 PM5/3/22
"This Two-Inch Diamond Disc Could Hold a Staggering Billion Blu-Ray's
Worth of Data"

https://gizmodo.com/quantum-computing-diamond-disc-could-store-billion-blu-1848853029

Here we go again.

Lynn

Lynn McGuire

May 3, 2022, 6:21:46 PM5/3/22
25 exabytes if we can just get past the problems.

Lynn

Roger Blake

May 3, 2022, 9:15:47 PM5/3/22
On 2022-05-03, Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 25 exabytes if we can just get past the problems.

I'm still waiting for bubble memory.

18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
There is no "climate crisis" -- https://climatedepot.com
Don't talk to cops! -- https://DontTalkToCops.com

VanguardLH

May 4, 2022, 1:32:25 AM5/4/22
Roger Blake wrote:

> Lynn McGuire wrote:
>
>> 25 exabytes if we can just get past the problems.
>
> I'm still waiting for bubble memory.

That died a long time ago. Way too slow, not cost efficient.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_memory

Lynn McGuire

May 4, 2022, 3:44:05 PM5/4/22
What happened to the holographic memory ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_data_storage

Lynn

Roger Blake

May 4, 2022, 4:31:53 PM5/4/22
On 2022-05-04, Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What happened to the holographic memory ?

Or for that matter, Interloid crystal memory or Graphophone hololoops?

The point being that there have been quite a few miracle memory technologies
that never lived up to expections or survived the transition from laboratory
to marketplace.

VanguardLH

May 4, 2022, 5:49:19 PM5/4/22
Roger Blake wrote:

> Lynn McGuire wrote:
>
>> What happened to the holographic memory ?
>
> Or for that matter, Interloid crystal memory or Graphophone hololoops?
>
> The point being that there have been quite a few miracle memory
> technologies that never lived up to expections or survived the
> transition from laboratory to marketplace.

More promises for MRAM:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karlfreund/2021/03/10/ibm-nears-breakthrough-in-new--memory-class/?sh=50e878e7f6d5