right click menu has no EJECT option

bilsch01

Oct 22, 2023, 3:16:29 PM10/22/23
I notice when RClick removable drive icon in File Explorer there is
often no EJECT option. I was so accustomed to having that option - I
thought it was necessary to ensure the drive wasn't damaged. Now I find
nearly all my removable drives never show that RClick option. Some
drives that used to show the option no longer do. However one very old 1
GB thumb drive still shows it.

I thought it was a necessary precaution. How could that change?

TIA. Bill S.