Do you use guest network when using your employer's network devices (e.g., (laptop/notebook)s) to work from home?

Ant

Jun 7, 2015, 8:21:44 PM6/7/15
So, they can't see your network and home devices. Just curious. Thank
you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "To the gods I am an ant, but to the ants, I am a god." --unknown
| |o o| |

VanguardLH

Jun 7, 2015, 9:20:43 PM6/7/15
Ant wrote:

> So, they can't see your network and home devices. Just curious. Thank
> you in advance. :)

My employer gave me a laptop to tote between work and home. It was
pre-set to use their VPN to get into their corporate network (past the
safe zone that allows external connection but is very limited, like not
being able to get the hosts that I need for working). I suppose their
laptop could be built to spy on my home network but then I don't have
anything salacious at home that they would find interesting. When the
VPN is active, I can't see anything of my intranet using their laptop
when connecting through my router to the cable modem.

Tom H

Jun 8, 2015, 6:46:55 AM6/8/15
On 08/06/2015 01:21, Ant wrote:
> So, they can't see your network and home devices. Just curious. Thank
> you in advance. :)

Google Zenmate. Brilliant!

Ant

Jun 8, 2015, 12:35:40 PM6/8/15
Interesting. I doubt I can install that on employers' devices. :/
--
"I love ants. Do they have uncles? Ha Ha!" --Elmo from Sesame Street
(unknown episode)