Beware Diamond Multimedia Rebate Scam

Curious

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
Diamond Multimedia has been deceiving customers with Rebate coupon
system on Homefree Wireless, promising 8 weeks delivery time on $50
rebate. After submitting all the required proof in early September, I
called many times, just to hear their message that the check has been
sent (about 3 weeks ago). No check as of Dec 6. That is 13
weeks!!!!!!!!! :-(

Checking out the Deja News, I found out that there are a lot of
dissatisfied customers, having the same experience...

Finally I got hold of a LIVE customers service rep, just to be denied
that my proof has ever been received, blaming the USPS - what a crock!
I requested to talk to the supervisor and got as far as to her voice
mail- left a detailed message- nobody bothered to call me.

I will be contacting Attorney General. I am fed up.

I suggest that you stay away from Diamond Multimedia and spread the
word to protect others.

LV

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

modokon

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
I was never happy with the product - much slower than claimed!
Also "NT drivers are in the pipeline" is bull.
Joe

Curious <lub...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Irv Segal

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99
I just upgraded from HomeFree wireless to HomeFree 10Mbps phoneline. The
wireless was not only slow, but the NAT software bogged down my Internet
system. The new cards installed in a flash, the WinGate software required no
configuration, and I can download at 250KBs (KiloBytes!) from both of my
systems simultaneously. This is some serious surfing, shopping, and gaming
fun over one cable modem:>)). Also, there are already WinNT 4.0 drivers, and
beta Win2K(!) drivers on Diamond's site. Anybody wanna buy my wireless gear
(cheap, make offer).

-irv segal
isegal1....@home.com (remove the obvious to reply)

"modokon" <no_...@cwcom.net> wrote in message

Michael Flinn

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
2 cents worth on the rebate: I think Diamond is as reputable as 90% of the
computer/communications industry. (of the other 10%, half are trusworthy, half
are theives.) My experience with rebates is mail and pray. I'm in this business
so I hate to say this, but the computer industry makes the auto industry look
like a pretty decent bunch.
Mike

jetst...@my-deja.com

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00

I can't say I am surprised. My girlfriend
ordered a Diamond Rio 300 MP3 player for me as a
birthday present on November 23rd. After they
screwed up the order for a couple of weeks
straight she cancelled. Two days later the
player arrived. She still can't get them to
remove the charge from her credit card even
though she returned it weeks ago. Currently you
can not speak to a person in their customer
service dep't a recorded message says that due to
the high volume of calls they are unavailable at
this time and then it hangs up on you. We have
sent several e-mails with only a couple of them
being answered at all. They assured us the
problem would be taken care of. That was several
weeks ago. I strongly recomend to anyone, shop
elsewhere for your products. Diamond Multimedia
just wants your money, they don't care about
customer service or repeat business.

Jeff

In article <HFsa4.7014
$Mz6.1...@news1.rdc2.pa.home.com>,

mheu...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2015, 2:26:31 PM8/21/15
08.21.15 I too have problems with their rebate program:

"I submitted a rebate form according to the instructions from Micro Center where I purchased your product. I just received a notice (reference #880) in the mail that the rebate was denied because it was missing the UPC bar code from the box. I did not realize that this also need to be submitted. I have the bar code from the box but just learned via phone you will now not accept it because the "deadline" had expired. The reality is that I DID submit the form before the deadline and your simply denying the rebate out of inconvenience. I think this is bating customs and then denying them rebates on a technicality and showing no then willingness to work with the customer to correct the deficiency. This is simply poor customer service and a reflection on what I can expect if I need service or questions on the product itself. I'll chose to purchase a competitors products in the future before Diamond."

Vote with you wallet! Avoid them and purchase their competitors products!

Ant

Aug 22, 2015, 10:04:43 AM8/22/15
Wow, that company is still around? I thought it died. I haven't seen or
heard it for ages. I remember its Stealth 3D, S3 Virge, etc. :D
--
"Any spoke will lead the ant to the hub." --unknown
this signature correctly.