Using an old Linksys WRT54GL to extend wireless network?

1 view

Ant

Mar 8, 2015, 7:08:50 PM3/8/15
Hello.

Is it possible to use an inactive (in storage) over five/5 years old
Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G 54Mbps router v1.1 to connect to an active
Netgear R6300 router in terms of wireless network? I am trying to see if
I could use it to expand the wireless network, no network cables, since
some far away areas have weak spots. Both of these routers currently
have their (lat/new)est) stock firmwares. If it is possible, then how do
I do that? I hope it's easy.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"In every enemy that is an ant, behold an elephant." --Turkish
| |o o| |

Mcwm

Mar 9, 2015, 12:30:07 PM3/9/15
09-03-2015 kl. 00:08 Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is it possible to use an inactive (in storage) over five/5 years old
> Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G 54Mbps router v1.1 to connect to an active
> Netgear R6300 router in terms of wireless network? I am trying to see if
> I could use it to expand the wireless network, no network cables, since
> some far away areas have weak spots. Both of these routers currently
> have their (lat/new)est) stock firmwares. If it is possible, then how do
> I do that? I hope it's easy.
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Put DD-Wrt on it. Then you can

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54GL

Kindly
Mcwm

Ant

Mar 9, 2015, 6:02:41 PM3/9/15
>> Is it possible to use an inactive (in storage) over five/5 years old
>> Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G 54Mbps router v1.1 to connect to an active
>> Netgear R6300 router in terms of wireless network? I am trying to see if
>> I could use it to expand the wireless network, no network cables, since
>> some far away areas have weak spots. Both of these routers currently
>> have their (lat/new)est) stock firmwares. If it is possible, then how do
>> I do that? I hope it's easy.
>
> Put DD-Wrt on it. Then you can
>
> http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54GL

Thanks, so I can't use stock firmwares. Is it easy to do and connect?
--
"I don't believe in evil, I believe only in horror. In nature there is
no evil, only an abundance of horror: the plagues and the blights and

Mcwm

Mar 9, 2015, 7:10:07 PM3/9/15
Den 09-03-2015 kl. 23:02 skrev Ant:
> Thanks, so I can't use stock firmwares. Is it easy to do and connect?

No, stock wont do it ;-)

Is easy to do if you follow the guide on DD-wrt.com

If any problems, i will help you set it up. DD-wrt on that router makes
it the time worth.

Sorry for my english, it is not my first launguage and i have a great
deal of pain for the time being ;-)

Kindly
Mcwm

s|b