Tandon TM7002 BIOS?

Dave Cox

Jun 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/30/96

I have here an ancient Tandon 286 PC and seem to have a hard drive
failure on it.

What I don't seem to be able to do is to get into the BIOS.

Does it need a setup disk to do this?

I know that the hard drive was working 3 years ago (!) but the machine
has been sitting unused for that long. Is it likely that the platters
have seized up somehow?

I've tried a low-level format with DM but it can not find the drive.

I can see the head positioning motor turning at start up so there is
spome function there.

Anyone had any experience of these?

Dave Cox
da...@dircon.co.uk

Klaus Stötzel

Jul 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/1/96

Dave,

pressing ESC while counting memory will bring you into setup.

Regarding you drive - heads might stick to the media after the years ?

Klaus

davidl...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2018, 7:00:46 PM10/8/18
I hat tandon pLus TM 7002 when i waS young.