Everex RAM 8000 (EV-178) - Configuration Utility ?

Alexander Hofmann

Nov 3, 2012, 2:43:33 PM11/3/12
Hi there.

I hope this is the right group - if not, please tell me.

I've just recently got hands on an Everex RAM 8000 board (EV-178).

I'm planning to use it in a Commodore PC40 system (AT-Compatible with an
Intel 286).

The only document I've found describing the board is located at
www.student.nada.kth.se/~d94-tan/pckort/ever8000.txt

I've managed to get the EMM.SYS driver mentioned in the above document,
but it won't find the board and hence refuses to load.

I could not, however, find the "EV178.EXE" configuration utility; as the
board's almost completely configured via an EEPROM and the utility, I
cannot even tell whether it's set to EMS or XMS, 8 or 16bit mode etc.

Does someone still have the config-disk and/or manual lying around?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance

Alexander Hofmann