Racing Destruction Set

Ken from Chicago

Dec 27, 2003, 3:47:27 AM12/27/03
Who does one have to threaten, hurt or bribe to get them remake Electronic
Arts' RACING DESTRUCTION SET, originally for the Commodore 64, into a 3d
version for the PC?

--including track editor with
----various style tracks (street, dirt, mud, ice, snow)
----various track slants (level, banked, bumpy, hilly, steep)
----various gravities (Earth, Moon, Titan)
----various track pieces (straight-away, curve, S-curve, U-turn,
intersection, ramps)
----various weather (sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowing, night)
--including vehicle editor with
----various vehicles (Indy racer, Nascar racer, truck, SUV, bike, sedan)
----various tires (street, off-road, snow tires, spiked)
----various levels of destruction (impervious, minor damage, destruction
derby)

Come on, Electronic Arts? What are you waiting for? Say it with me now:

NEED FOR SPEED: RACING DESTRUCTION SET.

You can even add various kinds of police pursuit, regular cars,
turbo-charged sports / interceptor cars, spike strips, helicopters, teams of
police, limited off-road pursuit (for the truly nutty driver trying to
outrun the law). Come on, there's money here in this pocket begging to be
spent on this. Help me help you!

-- Ken from Chicago

JawBreaker

Dec 27, 2003, 8:51:14 AM12/27/03

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_era...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> Who does one have to threaten, hurt or bribe to get them remake Electronic
> Arts' RACING DESTRUCTION SET, originally for the Commodore 64, into a 3d
> version for the PC?

I feel the same about the racing/shooting game "Dethkarz" marketed by
Melbourne House and programmed by Beam.

I think Beam went out of busness and Melbourne's about out of the games
market.

It was simply the greatest racing game I ever played. It sounds stupid, I
know, and the spelling is like a little kid and that puts it in a bad light
but .. it truly was in the top 5 games I have ever played in my life. If
they could open the source code or something for that .. new tracks and such
... whew .. I'd like .. bust out in to the Snoopy dance.

JB

Tron

Dec 27, 2003, 10:24:51 AM12/27/03
I've been waiting for this for years. It was truly one of my favorites on my
C-64, and I've wondered what a modern, full 3-d version would be like.

Done properly, I think it could really wow some people - the array of
vehicles, tracks, gravity and weapons gave it *huge* replay value. I wasted
a lot of time on it.

--
Tron
----

Ken from Chicago

Dec 27, 2003, 7:40:36 PM12/27/03

"Tron" <tronr...@notsohotmail.com> wrote in message

> I've been waiting for this for years. It was truly one of my favorites on
my
> C-64, and I've wondered what a modern, full 3-d version would be like.
>
> Done properly, I think it could really wow some people - the array of
> vehicles, tracks, gravity and weapons gave it *huge* replay value. I
wasted
> a lot of time on it.

<snip>

The closest I've heard is the upcoming TRACK MANIA by (game publisher of the
year, batting .900 this year), Ubisoft.

-- Ken from Chicago

Brett Baisley

Dec 28, 2003, 2:26:08 PM12/28/03
That was one of my favoriate games....

turk

Dec 29, 2003, 11:51:23 AM12/29/03
"JawBreaker" <NOSPAMJa...@stealrage.com> wrote in message

Why the hell haven't they remade Autoduel? That was a classic. I can't
count how many hours I lost while palying that on the ole Apple IIe.

turk

Jonah Falcon

Dec 31, 2003, 8:12:39 PM12/31/03

"turk" <turk96@_*&^%#^&cast.net> wrote in message

Don't be surprised, Turk, if there is another Car Wars. (evil grin) I'll say
no more.

Jonah Falcon

Jonah Falcon

Dec 31, 2003, 8:14:23 PM12/31/03
Ever heard of Track Mania?

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/819573

It's got a preview in CGW this month - it's looking for a distributor in the
USA.

Jonah Falcon

Ken from Chicago

Jan 3, 2004, 4:27:15 PM1/3/04