BTW, talking of server based DRM...

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 19, 2013, 2:37:17 PM3/19/13
...Shouldn't we now include the Euro on the list? :D Eddy?

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 2013, 4:28:38 AM3/20/13
On 19 mrt, 19:37, Vincenzo Beretta <reck...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> ...Shouldn't we now include the Euro on the list? :D Eddy?

I said it before, and I'm saying it again : the Euro will disappear
because it took away the single tool individual countries had to match
their economy with that of their partners : an own currency that could
be devaluated. The results are becoming ever more visible and there's
no way pumping more money into Greece or Cyprus or <insert your
favourite country> is providing a long-term solution.

What Greece et al should do is get out, devaluate their own currency
by 25%-50%, thereby slowing down import, boosting export and start
being competitive again.

Next Saturday the contract will be signed to convert the major portion
of our savings from Euro to brick & mortar - an extention of our house
- as I look at it only fools still have savings in Euro right now, so
might just as well spend it on something we'll enjoy for the rest our
lives.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 20, 2013, 8:39:06 AM3/20/13
Be warned that over here it didn't work. A big strenght of ours is that almost all Italians own their home. Guess what was the hardest tax cooked up by the Monti government.

And our second strenght are bank savings. Germany is already whining that "A 15% levy would solve all problems!" Meanwhile the interest rate on German bonds is negative. 'Nuff said...

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 2013, 9:50:51 AM3/20/13
On 20 mrt, 13:39, Vincenzo Beretta <reck...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Be warned that over here it didn't work. A big strenght of ours is that almost all Italians own their home. Guess what was the hardest tax cooked up by the Monti government.
>
> And our second strenght are bank savings. Germany is already whining that "A 15% levy would solve all problems!" Meanwhile the interest rate on German bonds is negative. 'Nuff said...

Real estate is all about location. I was in my early twenties when I
bought a place of my own, almost literally made the down payment from
my first couple of paychecks. Friends and family all told me I was
crazy but unlike some I can use a calculator and knew that the area I
bought it in had an enormous renting potential. It came with a pretty
hefty mortgage, but working a second job and some pay rises helped. It
was the best investment I ever made. Same with the house we now live
in : in the suburbs of a Brussels that's exploding demographically,
easy access to 2 main highways, dead-end street, plowed fields in the
back, south-east orientation so plenty of sun. I pretty much knew the
value would double in 10 years, and it did. And then some. So pulling
the savings from the bank and putting it into an extention of the
house will not only give us more comfort for years to come, but also
be a better way to invest and whether the storm of the Euro sinking
and bank failures that's on the horizon.

Get your money out of banks now.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Holdit

Mar 20, 2013, 11:45:59 AM3/20/13
In article <b349445d-9fcc-4307-bb72-57a64af69220
@m4g2000vbo.googlegroups.com>, eddys...@hotmail.com says...
Good advice. My problem is getting enough money to put *in* the bank in
the first place...

;-)

Holdit

--
"I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others
of whom I made the most careful and particular enquiry."

"I've just jazzed mine up a little."
- Spike Milligan (World War 2)

mite...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 2013, 6:45:54 PM3/20/13
There appears to be a problem with the devaluation tool.
Ch*na has had a highly devalued currency for a long time
and the rest of the world has taken notice.
The US is devaluing their dollar to reduce their real debt.
(every bankrupt should have that option)
and it is also making their funny finances look good with
the funny money propping up the share market higher than it
otherwise would be. Japan is in on the devaluation thing.
Without real value in currency, where does it all end up?
Germany sells to everyone else, so everyone else needs to
reduce the value of their cash compared to their neighbours.
If devaluation is going to be the real weapon of the future
(until cash is not worth anything), what else but barter can
take its place.
Good documentary on the tv the other night concluded the obvious:
The US took no action against the criminals at the top of the
finance chain because they knew it would destroy their system.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 21, 2013, 4:15:41 AM3/21/13
On 20 mrt, 23:45, mitet...@hotmail.com wrote:

> If devaluation is going to be the real weapon of the future

Devaluation isn't a magic wand because it has downsides as well, for
instance : devaluation vs the dollar means you're going to pay more
for every drop of oil you import and you need oil for your economy.

> Good documentary on the tv the other night concluded the obvious:
> The US took no action against the criminals at the top of the
> finance chain because they knew it would destroy their system.

Must be fun to live in a country where the top politicians and the top
bankers are a different bunch.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Vincenzo Beretta

Mar 21, 2013, 4:58:25 PM3/21/13
You mean to live in a country ripoed apart by a civil war? :D

eddys...@hotmail.com

Mar 22, 2013, 3:15:59 AM3/22/13
On 21 mrt, 21:58, Vincenzo Beretta <reck...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> You mean to live in a country ripoed apart by a civil war? :D

Belgium is a corpse - the only question remaining is whether to keep
it in the freezer for some additional time or bury it quickly.

It won't be mourned by anyone.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx