CIV II AT EB'S TODAY!!

Len Wilcox

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96
In article <4i9au3$7...@shellx.best.com>, i...@shellx.best.com (Jennifer Schlickbernd) wrote:

>According to their web site which hasn't been wrong yet! <g>.
>
>Jennifer

I just checked my EB in Columbia, Maryland at 11:30 EST and it's still not
there.

-------
Len Wilcox - wil...@access.digex.net

By Request Software - Were you request the next shareware program developed.
http://www.access.digex.net/~wilcoxs/

William Greene

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96
Jennifer Schlickbernd wrote:

> According to their web site which hasn't been wrong yet! <g>.
>
> Jennifer

It still isn't wrong. The shipment arrived while I was in the
store. Needless to say, I promptly purchased my copy.

Now all I need to do is get home and get on the PC. If only
I could leave early today... Oh Mr. Bossman... I'm not feeling
to good... ;-)

Bill

Charles/Andy Sachrajda

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96

What does EB stand for?? I assumed it was electronique boutique. Is
this correct.

judging from the addresse below (bnr.ca) you must be in Ottawa, but
I have check with the electronique boutique in Ottawa and they dont have it.
What am I missing??

Sarinee Achavanuntakul

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96
Jennifer Schlickbernd (i...@shellx.best.com) wrote:

: According to their web site which hasn't been wrong yet! <g>.

: Jennifer

Yup, it's out-- I got my copy at EB Cambridge, MA. When I got
there at 1:30 p.m. there were THREE copies left, out of the total of
TWENTY-FOUR they got barely 2-3 hours earlier!

Maybe we should be gearing up for the inevitable expansion packs
& scenarios if it continues to sell at this rate.

-Sarinee

St. Lupus

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
In article <4i77jk$2...@nrcnet0.nrc.ca>,

Charles/Andy Sachrajda <an...@nrcphy1.phy.nrc.ca> wrote:

> What does EB stand for?? I assumed it was electronique boutique. Is
>this correct.
>
> judging from the addresse below (bnr.ca) you must be in Ottawa, but
>I have check with the electronique boutique in Ottawa and they dont have it.
>What am I missing??

I just got my copy at Electronics Boutique (in Boulder, CO) today @ 1:45PM
MST. I believe the fella working there said they only had 3 or four
copies left when I got there. They are going so quick they didn't even
bother putting the on the shelves. You should see the advancements flow
chart for this game not to mention all of the new units!

--
Destroy All Astromen!

Jennifer Schlickbernd

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96

Scott J Schlitz

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96

In <4i9au3$7...@shellx.best.com> i...@shellx.best.com (Jennifer

Schlickbernd) writes:

>According to their web site which hasn't been wrong yet! <g>.
>
>Jennifer

Called the local (Mt. Prospect, IL) EB and they were already sold out.
The only other time that a game was sold out the day they got it is was
Front Page Sports Football '96. Hope this game is as good as that one
was, and I suspect it will be... I wonder who will be the first schmuck
to plat it for 60 hours straight just to be the first person to say
they have won at the hardest level...

Illinois Smith

Lee Cole

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
I think that Microprose sells to vendors at different prices. The vendors
that pay the highest price, receives their shipments first, then the vendors
that pay the next highest price gets theirs. I think that when you preorder
from MP, you get the lowest price, but your copy won't ship until all of the
vendors initial orders are filled.

I think EB pays the highest price and Egghead the lowest. So I think that you
will see MP products in EB first, and in Egghead last.
I don't know what this says about the price the vendor sells at. I haven't
compared.
Lee

In article <3146FE...@bnr.ca>, William Greene <wgr...@bnr.ca> wrote:

|Jennifer Schlickbernd wrote:
|>
|> According to their web site which hasn't been wrong yet! <g>.
|>
|> Jennifer
|

|It still isn't wrong. The shipment arrived while I was in the
|store. Needless to say, I promptly purchased my copy.
|
|Now all I need to do is get home and get on the PC. If only
|I could leave early today... Oh Mr. Bossman... I'm not feeling
|to good... ;-)
|
|Bill

Lee Cole
lee...@nando.net

Shawn Rycroft

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
Lee Cole (lee...@nando.net) wrote:
> I think EB pays the highest price and Egghead the lowest. So I think that you
> will see MP products in EB first, and in Egghead last.
> I don't know what this says about the price the vendor sells at. I haven't
> compared.
> Lee

They must, it costs $67.99 up here in Ottawa (ouch! - comes out to about
$78 including taxes) at Electronic Boutique. I think I'll wait a couple
weeks for the price to drop down to $55 or so...

BTW, if anyone in Ottawa finds it for that price, please email me!

Thanks in advance.

Shawn Rycroft
Carleton University
Email Address Home Page
sryc...@chat.carleton.ca http://chat.carleton.ca/~srycrof2

Psychodad

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96
In article <4ieulc$5...@hole.sdsu.edu>,
zer...@rohan.sdsu.edu (broyles l) wrote:

>: They must, it costs $67.99 up here in Ottawa (ouch! - comes out to about

>: $78 including taxes) at Electronic Boutique. I think I'll wait a couple
>: weeks for the price to drop down to $55 or so...
>
>they're only $46.99 here. i got mine for $35.99 since my friend works
>at the place.
>
>broyles

Can you say canadian dollar?

Vladimir/Psychodad

"What I wouldn't give to find a soulmate"
-Alanis Morissette.

orbs

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
On 14 Mar 1996 07:02:17 GMT, ils...@ix.netcom.com(Scott J Schlitz ) wrote:

>In <4i9au3$7...@shellx.best.com> i...@shellx.best.com (Jennifer
>Schlickbernd) writes:
>>

>>According to their web site which hasn't been wrong yet! <g>.
>>
>>Jennifer
>>

>Called the local (Mt. Prospect, IL) EB and they were already sold out.
>The only other time that a game was sold out the day they got it is was
>Front Page Sports Football '96. Hope this game is as good as that one
>was, and I suspect it will be... I wonder who will be the first schmuck
>to plat it for 60 hours straight just to be the first person to say
>they have won at the hardest level...
>
>Illinois Smith

You are lucky.. It's back order at a software etc here in salt lake city, ut. I
have a question, is civ 2 for DOS?

RDClark

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
<<You are lucky.. It's back order at a software etc here in salt lake
city, ut. I
have a question, is civ 2 for DOS?>>

No, it's Windows only (3.1 or 95).

|---RichC----------------------------Interfacing is easy---|