CIV 2 In Stores Weds. 3/13

John Tracey

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96
Just picked up Civ2 at EB in Wayne, NJ for $49. Guy tried to sell me
the strategy guide too ...

-- John Tracey
jtr...@sprynet.com

George Vlad

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96

THANK GOD I DIDNT FIND THAT OUT YESTERDAY (WED), CAUSE I HAVE TWO
MIDTERMS TODAY!

QUESTION IS WHICH ONE SHOUD I BUY? 311 OR 95. I CAN EASILY UPGRADE TO
WIN95 BUT IS IT WORTHED? WHICH ONE IS BUG-FREE-ER? HOW ABOUT PAX
IMPERIA 2, LOOKS AWESOME, ONLY FOR WIN 95? WILL MY PZGEN STILL WORK ON
WIN95. THESE ARE THE ASTRAL QUESTIONS THAT BOTHER MY SOUL. COULD
SOMEBODY ANSWER THEM?

THIS IS COOL CHOOSING OS'S BASED ON GAMING OPTIONS!

GEORGE

Andrew D. Myers

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
>QUESTION IS WHICH ONE SHOUD I BUY? 311 OR 95. I CAN EASILY UPGRADE TO
>WIN95 BUT IS IT WORTHED? WHICH ONE IS BUG-FREE-ER? HOW ABOUT PAX
>IMPERIA 2, LOOKS AWESOME, ONLY FOR WIN 95? WILL MY PZGEN STILL WORK ON
>WIN95. THESE ARE THE ASTRAL QUESTIONS THAT BOTHER MY SOUL. COULD
>SOMEBODY ANSWER THEM?

I've been playing Panzer General (got it in the 20 wargames classics pack)
under 95 with absolutely no problems. If you're buying a new Windows, I'd
definitely go with '95--it's much more game friendly, and Win95-only titles
_are_ starting to appear (and I expect the trend will increase). Don't
know about Pax Imperia 2, though. As for which Windows is more bug-free,
that's probably debatable, but I reboot far less often under '95 myself.

Oh, and get that caps lock key fixed.
---
Andrew Myers : --> * Lick Here! * <--
grey...@macatawa.org : (you may be one of the lucky 25)

broyles l

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96

: THANK GOD I DIDNT FIND THAT OUT YESTERDAY (WED), CAUSE I HAVE TWO
: MIDTERMS TODAY!

: QUESTION IS WHICH ONE SHOUD I BUY? 311 OR 95. I CAN EASILY UPGRADE TO

: WIN95 BUT IS IT WORTHED? WHICH ONE IS BUG-FREE-ER? HOW ABOUT PAX
: IMPERIA 2, LOOKS AWESOME, ONLY FOR WIN 95? WILL MY PZGEN STILL WORK ON
: WIN95. THESE ARE THE ASTRAL QUESTIONS THAT BOTHER MY SOUL. COULD
: SOMEBODY ANSWER THEM?

: THIS IS COOL CHOOSING OS'S BASED ON GAMING OPTIONS!

can we say "decaffeinated, please" next time?

broyles

Mitch Gunzler

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
In article <31472909...@news.sprynet.com> jtr...@sprynet.com (John Tracey) writes:
>Just picked up Civ2 at EB in Wayne, NJ for $49. Guy tried to sell me
>the strategy guide too ...

Same here, in West L.A.

Except, he found they were already sold out when I asked in surprise if there
really was one out already...

Mitch

William Powers

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
The box says it works in both environments. I don't know about
95, I'm in 3.1

___ ___ __ __ __ William Powers
/ / / / /_// // / wpo...@nortel.ca
/ /___/ / __ / // /_ ____ _ __ Nortel Products
/ / / / / / // // . // / / / __/ 35 Davis Drive
================================= Research Triangle Park, NC
27709

Nortel Products is not affiliated with any thoughts, original
or not, that I may have mentioned above.

William Powers

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96