CIV2 - UK release March 22nd

Douglas Woods

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96

This weekend, I've been hunting various software emporia in vain for a
copy of Civ2. Eventually, one store showed me its delivery dates which
showed that Civ 2 wasn't to be sold until March 22nd.

Douglas Woods
do...@drwoods.demon.co.uk
drw...@enterprise.net
http://homepages.enterprise.net/drwoods
(For info & links to Satellite TV & Real Ale)

Matt McLeod

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96
do...@drwoods.demon.co.uk (Douglas Woods) writes:

> This weekend, I've been hunting various software emporia in vain for a
> copy of Civ2. Eventually, one store showed me its delivery dates which
> showed that Civ 2 wasn't to be sold until March 22nd.

At least they know it exists.

I rang my usual games store yesterday, and, according to them, the
Australian distributor doesn't even have it on the "upcoming
releases" list, let alone available.

As an added bonus, it's illegal for software stores to import
the stuff themselves, so you either have to wait or import it
yourself. So I've done the logical thing, ordered it from a
mail-order place in the US - I'll get it before the stores here do,
and I'll save a bit of money.

Matt