More on the whole GA mess

fdjsa

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00
This is taken off of the "FrontOfficeFootball" messageboard (its GA-Hosted,
and lost not only Tony, but the moderator, who was pretty damn good)...its
an email from Dave Dial to the moderator on FOF that just stepped down
(Jim/Blackadar)

"_____________________________________________
Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00
In article <38b49...@127.0.0.1>, f...@x.com says...

> This is taken off of the "FrontOfficeFootball" messageboard (its GA-Hosted,
> and lost not only Tony, but the moderator, who was pretty damn good)...its
> an email from Dave Dial to the moderator on FOF that just stepped down
> (Jim/Blackadar)

Ahhh. Just when you thought the good old sports newsgroup was dieing a
slow death GA-Sports comes to the rescue! Think of all the poor MSN
subscribers that aren't getting this stuff (FYI, MSN shut down their
newsgroups access) <g>.

Amazing stuff.

Chris

--
Assistant Editor
Sports Watch

Christopher E. Johnson

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00
In article <38b49...@127.0.0.1>, f...@x.com says...
> This is taken off of the "FrontOfficeFootball" messageboard (its GA-Hosted,
> and lost not only Tony, but the moderator, who was pretty damn good)...its
> an email from Dave Dial to the moderator on FOF that just stepped down
> (Jim/Blackadar)

Ahhh. Just when you thought the good old sports newsgroup was
experiencing a slow death GA-Sports comes to the rescue! Think of all

The All Powerful and All Knowing Oz!

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00
BTW, the thread that this came from just got wiped by the "network brass" at
GA-Sports. I was reading it all the way through, went back and hit refresh,
BOOM, whole thread is gone, replaced by a message from some dude named Stix,
who I have never seen before in the FOF.com messageboard. So I guess I got
there in the nick of time to read the juicy stuff.

I just want to say that I have an even higher opinion of Tony, Blackadar,
and Josh Hiscock now, and I seriously doubt if I will ever visit any Gamer's
Alliance's websites as a direct result of this fiasco.

--
ro...@localhost.com
ad...@localhost.com

Eat that, spammers! PLEASE copy this and paste it to your sig card.

fdjsa <f...@x.com> wrote in message news:38b49...@127.0.0.1...

> This is taken off of the "FrontOfficeFootball" messageboard (its
GA-Hosted,
> and lost not only Tony, but the moderator, who was pretty damn good)...its
> an email from Dave Dial to the moderator on FOF that just stepped down
> (Jim/Blackadar)

Battaile Fauber

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
Oh, but it gets better:

The Sideline (FOF2 messageboard, post by NYFAN about 20 minutes ago):

"Well, for anyone looking forward to having Josh run the site, no siree.
Josh was just fired as well because he refused to ban Tony and Blackadar
(see, we really do like you guys ). If you wish to contact him via e-mail
his address is lancelo...@hotmail.com.
Personally, right now I'm rather fed up with Mr. Dial who seems to have no
capacity for a brain, along with employees."

capa

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
It's true...power corrupts...

Jim W.

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
Thanks, Oz. We're going to need all the support we can get if we decide to
create a competing site, so thanks for the compliment. I'm surprised that
my post stayed around as long as it did...

Blacky